Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dispelling battery charge

Reaction score
I have had 4 batteries held at full charge since Friday night as I was going to visit friends who have some great scenery around them, anyway the rain came in a put a stop to that. So hoping to go out today but weather still not great, due to work commitments and family life I may not be able to take the h out till next weekend .... I read not to have fully charged batteries hanging around for this long .... So what do I do ? Hover each battery out to 15V ? After all I don't want to ruin £450 worth of batteries or to worry about them being volatile around the house ..... Can't wait for these connectors to be made so that I can buy something that will allow me to charge and safely store batteries when needed ☹

The norm is 10 days but you can push it to more. Just know that it will affect the longevity of the batteries if you make a habit of it.

I have had 4 batteries held at full charge since Friday night as I was going to visit friends who have some great scenery around them, anyway the rain came in a put a stop to that. So hoping to go out today but weather still not great, due to work commitments and family life I may not be able to take the h out till next weekend .... I read not to have fully charged batteries hanging around for this long .... So what do I do ? Hover each battery out to 15V ? After all I don't want to ruin £450 worth of batteries or to worry about them being volatile around the house ..... Can't wait for these connectors to be made so that I can buy something that will allow me to charge and safely store batteries when needed ☹

Storage is 3.8V/cell or 15.2V on the H (15.3 max) not 15.0. Yes it is different. i:)i
You may be fine but I am paranoid so if it were me, I would hover them down to 15.2.

Unsure if it helps but here is my guide.
Battery level guide

Reactions: Luckyleaf
Storage is 3.8V/cell or 15.2V on the H (15.3 max) not 15.0. Yes it is different. i:)i
You may be fine but I am paranoid so if it were me, I would hover them down to 15.2.

Unsure if it helps but here is my guide.
Battery level guide
Yeah I thought if I hovered them down to 15v they maybe around 15.2 -15.3v whilst not under any load .... Nothing like a bit of guess work :rolleyes::mad::(

The good thing is if you have a yard you can hover them real low and mess around a bit. Still have a bit of fun. i:)i

**** that is all the flying I have ever done so far. Just flying it in my yard. I have yet to really get it up real high and far away.

Waiting on more batteries so I can take it to a park. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

The good thing is if you have a yard you can hover them real low and mess around a bit. Still have a bit of fun. i:)i

**** that is all the flying I have ever done so far. Just flying it in my yard. I have yet to really get it up real high and far away.

Waiting on more batteries so I can take it to a park. Hopefully in the next few weeks.
Cool you have all the fun to come then :):)

It was the only thing missing in the Yuneec charger was a STORAGE MODE.
yes it is slow, but it does work and from what I have seen so far does a good job of balance charging. So far I have sneaked in a flight every week end, so I have not worried about it too much, but that will soon change.

I managed to find a gap in the weather, ran all 4 batteries down to 15.2v and managed to get a couple of pics in the process. I did however lose wifi over the docks (alt 350 ft and 1500 ft out) and never recovered link untill I landed, which was a bit strange

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reactions: Steve Young
do this mod to the charger and you can use another charger to check and discharge/charge the batterys anytimetyphoon mod.jpg typhoon.jpg

I have been looking for another charger and someone with better soldering skills than me ! The cell balancing loom and the + & - leads ... Where would I get these from ?

Ebay is a good source a lot cheaper than model shop, the jst-xh balance charge extension cable, I used two plugged together the female end is cut off on one of the leads, this is the end that's soldered to the yuneec charger at the battery connector as shown elsewhere, you also require 1metre 14swg silicone wire Red & Black this will give you ample length or if you wish cut them a bit shorter, one end off each wire is soldered to to positive & negative points as shown, the other end you can solder a connector to suit whatever charger you have , I soldered aXT60 connector which suits my setup,
you could just use a positive & negative banana plugs leads with the connectors all ready fitted

When connecting up to a third party charger make sure you have unplgged the mains lead and plug to the yuneec charger, and just use the new leads thats been soldered onto the yuneec charger base and then onto your third party charger.

4S JST-XH Balance Charge Extension Cable Lead Plug 330mm Lipo RC 4 Cell 14.8v

14AWG Silicone Wire Super flexible high temperature 1m Red & 1m Black UK seller

xt60 connectors in Radio-Controlled Toys | eBay

lipo charge leads | eBay

Last edited:
Nice pics. See you can do it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member