Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DJI camera - impressions

Reaction score
I bought a used DJI osmo pocket and I'm so impressed with the camera on this simple device that I can see why people use their drones for photo-focused work. It makes my Typhoon H camera footage look like an old flip-phone camera.

If I end up doing work like weddings, I'm definitely picking up an Air 2S or better. I don't know what kind of magic DJI uses but their cameras produce nice images!

I bought a used DJI osmo pocket and I'm so impressed with the camera on this simple device that I can see why people use their drones for photo-focused work. It makes my Typhoon H camera footage look like an old flip-phone camera.

If I end up doing work like weddings, I'm definitely picking up an Air 2S or better. I don't know what kind of magic DJI uses but their cameras produce nice images!
I find their images look unrealistic, or kinda cut n paste, well on the new m3 anyway ? Its said the air2s does better than the 3, and I'll put my 23's pictures up against any of them... Oh and if I'm not mistaken the 3 just got the 1" sensor, another thing they boast a 48 mp still, which is really a 12 mp, they cut 1 into 4. But to each their own

Reactions: jannislh
I find their images look unrealistic, or kinda cut n paste, well on the new m3 anyway ? Its said the air2s does better than the 3, and I'll put my 23's pictures up against any of them... Oh and if I'm not mistaken the 3 just got the 1" sensor, another thing they boast a 48 mp still, which is really a 12 mp, they cut 1 into 4. But to each their own
I don't think the M3 Pro has a 1" sensor. It has a 1/1.3 sensor, as far as I know, that's smaller? The air 2s has a 1" sensor, so it's shots should allow for more data than the M3 Pro does.

Yeah the 48mp still thing is a marketing gimmick for sure. I'm not really interested in huge megapixel numbers, more interested in image quality.

I'm not really talking about stills, my original post is about video. The Osmo is not really intended for still shots.

I haven't used any of the DJI drones, but my experience with this Osmo Pocket has piqued my interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnnyb57
I know the mavic 3 leaves the yuneec in the dust. Its most of the reason ive been looking at a low power replacement camera. You can get budget smart phone thermals with the same resolution as the yuneec and thats saying something . Theres tradeoffs though.. the yuneeec looks way more heroic (even as its crashing) and youre not locked into an overpriced dji market or batteries.

Reactions: Cecil

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11