Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Do It Yourself Sunshade

I am going out to fly tomorrow in the mountains. I haven't got my sunshade for my S16 yet and last time could barely see the screen, so....

Red Green would be so proud!View attachment 15170
Not sure if anyone other than us Canadians will get the Red Green thing, but they should google him and see why we like him.

Reactions: ChuckBridges
If the women don't find you handsome.... they should at least find you handy. Hey... look at that.. I'm handy!

Edit: UAV Forecast is all green tomorrow...… yeah!

Last edited:
Reactions: Murray Martz
Off to fly my H, My Q500 4K, and my new Wingsland S6 Outdoor edition tomorrow. Got a steal of a deal on the S6, so, I couldn't resist. I don't need 4K flying around. My H and my Q500 4K can do that, but in close, this might be good.

I am going out to fly tomorrow in the mountains. I haven't got my sunshade for my ST16 yet and last time could barely see the screen, so....

Red Green would be so proud!View attachment 15170

Nope, he wouldn't, you didn't use NEARLY enough duct tape, and there's not a chainsaw in sight ?. See, it's not just Canadians that savvy Red. Later.

Dave

Michiganders have a yen for Uncle Red also! You can do most anything with enough Duct Tape and ingenuity. One of my favorite TV stations was from Windsor, Ontario.

Ok, Tuesday got called off. I had a bad moment while fueling up my truck. I thought, I don't want to drive out to the mountains (90 min) alone, I'll take Mathew, my youngest Son. Well, it hit me about 2 seconds later that I forgot. Mathew passed away due to a car accident. They hit a moose. ? I just couldn't bring myself to spend that time by myself in the truck. Luckily, my daughter-in-law got called into work and needed me to watch our Granddaughter (20 months old). I am planning to go Saturday. Weather looks good. Might bring my eldest son to keep me company. If I make it I will post some pictures. Until then I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

• Sad
Ok, Tuesday got called off. I had a bad moment while fueling up my truck. I thought, I don't want to drive out to the mountains (90 min) alone, I'll take Mathew, my youngest Son. Well, it hit me about 2 seconds later that I forgot. Mathew passed away due to a car accident. They hit a moose. ? I just couldn't bring myself to spend that time by myself in the truck. Luckily, my daughter-in-law got called into work and needed me to watch our Granddaughter (20 months old). I am planning to go Saturday. Weather looks good. Might bring my eldest son to keep me company. If I make it I will post some pictures. Until then I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
Sorry for your loss Chuck.

I finally got to go out to the Crowsnest Pass today with my loving wife. It seemed iffy as I drove out since as soon as I hit the mountains we had 60 KPH (40 MPH) winds with gusts. Deep Sigh. Jenny said "Lets just keep going and see what it's like there. The least is we can have a nice picnic and the dogs get a good run." With much trepidation, I continued out. After another 20 minutes I noticed that the wind seemed less, at least it wasn't pushing the truck around anymore. We drove until we found Allison Creek road and followed it to the Public Land Use Area. I got out my Anemometer and measured the wind 6 KPH with gusts up to 15 KPH at ground level. :DOK, lets do this. After 10 minutes of flying, I noticed that I lost GPS lock? I asked my wife if she knew anything about this and she said "Oh yes, there is a solar storm today.":oops: Now, I just drove 90 minutes to reach this area. I flew two batteries until suddenly the winds picked up strongly at 50 Metres (165 ft). Ok, losing GPS and strong winds. I know when I'm licked. I have far too much invested into my H to risk it. I landed, had lunch with my wife, looked at my dogs. Spaniel is supposed to be white with black. Now she is black with very little white. OK, lift the back seat. They can sit on the blanket. All in all I count any day I get one in the air a win. Plus, I spent a full day with my wife. I am putting all batteries into storage right now. Have to do this again just check the winds... closer next time. I shrunk the photos down to 650 KB from 4 MB. Have a great day all!

PS: My Red Green sunshade worked great!

Chinook PLUZ 1-1.pngChinook PLUZ 2.png

I finally got to go out to the Crowsnest Pass today with my loving wife. It seemed iffy as I drove out since as soon as I hit the mountains we had 60 KPH (40 MPH) winds with gusts. Deep Sigh. Jenny said "Lets just keep going and see what it's like there. The least is we can have a nice picnic and the dogs get a good run." With much trepidation, I continued out. After another 20 minutes I noticed that the wind seemed less, at least it wasn't pushing the truck around anymore. We drove until we found Allison Creek road and followed it to the Public Land Use Area. I got out my Anemometer and measured the wind 6 KPH with gusts up to 15 KPH at ground level. :DOK, lets do this. After 10 minutes of flying, I noticed that I lost GPS lock? I asked my wife if she knew anything about this and she said "Oh yes, there is a solar storm today.":oops: Now, I just drove 90 minutes to reach this area. I flew two batteries until suddenly the winds picked up strongly at 50 Metres (165 ft). Ok, losing GPS and strong winds. I know when I'm licked. I have far too much invested into my H to risk it. I landed, had lunch with my wife, looked at my dogs. Spaniel is supposed to be white with black. Now she is black with very little white. OK, lift the back seat. They can sit on the blanket. All in all I count any day I get one in the air a win. Plus, I spent a full day with my wife. I am putting all batteries into storage right now. Have to do this again just check the winds... closer next time. I shrunk the photos down to 650 KB from 4 MB. Have a great day all!

PS: My Red Green sunshade worked great!

View attachment 15330View attachment 15331
Always love the Crowsnest Pass. We had a homestead there at one time.

I also love the Crowsnest Pass. When I worked as an Equipment Installation Technician for TELUS (Phone company), I would volunteer for every job in the Pass, even the dirty ones no one else wanted. Sometimes the senior techs thought I was crazy. A couple of the jobs took me to the "Ridge", that tower on top of the mountain at the BC border. The first time, the Cell tech I was with thought I would be too afraid to drive up the road on the back of the mountain. I laughed and told him I grew up driving logging roads in Central BC, around Prince George. At least driving to the Ridge I wouldn't have to dodge any logging trucks. I considered purchasing property there, but with a Granddaughter and another Grandchild on the way, Lethbridge just is too big an anchor. They live next door so I see her every day. But, I will be going up to the Pass more often now that I have found a good place to fly. Next time I won't bring the dogs. Every time I started to fly away from the take-off point, my Spaniel would go nuts and chase it, no matter how far. I ended staying close so as not to lose the dog. Well, good day to all and, happy flying!

Possum Lake is in Ontario (nod nod wink wink). I am in Alberta. About 2,100 miles between us. Little far for a day trip. Beside, they have dynamite there. Scary! Have you seen what he usually looks like. Still smoking usually. I hope to get closer to the mountain later in the.season. Too much snow there right now. I went as far as I could

Last edited:
Reactions: thetrecker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy