Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Do you always remember your first time?

Reaction score
After shooting some video today, I later tried to retrieve it off the micro SD card. It wasn't found on SD card. The video was in internal memory on the ST16 however. For the first time ever I exited the normal flight screen. Previously when ask if I wanted to exit the app, I was afraid I'd really mess things up. Well, I now know what many of you have known for years, the ST16 is Android based. It was like seeing the desktop of a smartphone. I was able to send email, and Google searches on my drone controller. I'll always remember my first time doing this.

I tried to "share" using email to send video files from internal memory but app complained they were over 5 Meg. I installed a ftp program but that didn't work because files weren't in a folder.

I tried using an USB cable and card reader but once again the file don't exist in a folder.

This is a little long but I can't think of another way to get these files. There only 720 size but I only need them for social media.

What else could I try?

Not really sure, but I found a bunch of pictures on mine.
Connect the ST16S to your computer with a DATA CAPABLE USB cord.
The ST16S will show up in file manager as "anzhen4_mrd7_w"
Navigate to "Internal Storage/Yuneec/YuneecImage". The files on my ST16S were in folders arranged by the date they were taken.

Reactions: Thecloth
First of all: The ST16 has a pad-mode but it is not a normal Android device for any task you want. It is a RC-controller to control an aircraft and should do nothing else. Do never install additional apps on it. Also never keep a SD card in the slot while flying. I have heard about many problems with it. Again, ST16 is as RC controller nothing else.

You have access to a part of the internal file system via USB cable. No need to fiddle around with SD card just to download files like flight logs or downstream videos. The 720p videos are here: Dieser ..\anzhen4_mrd7_w\Internal storage\flightmode\media_data\
As post flight procedure I copy the flight logs and move - not copy - I move the video files to PC. Both review there and usually I delete the videos after that. On the other hand I keep all flight log on the PC (forever ;-). Really no big deal with the file operation.

DownVideos.png

The problem with the FTP server may be with configuration. FTP sever has a root directory whre remote has access. This root directory is not neccessarily the root of the file system or the root of the presented file system via USB. Thus, the files are 'invisible' due to missing access rights.

br HE

Edit: Oh, sorry, I have overlooked that we talk about a ST16S instead of ST16 (H Plus). Maybe there is another file path (as WTFDproject stated).

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks I found the files as stated in
Not really sure, but I found a bunch of pictures on mine.
Connect the ST16S to your computer with a DATA CAPABLE USB cord.
The ST16S will show up in file manager as "anzhen4_mrd7_w"
Navigate to "Internal Storage/Yuneec/YuneecImage". The files on my ST16S were in folders arranged by the date they were taken.

Thanks I found the file where stated in "Internal Storage/Yuneec/YuneecImage"

Thank,

First of all: The ST16 has a pad-mode but it is not a normal Android device for any task you want. It is a RC-controller to control an aircraft and should do nothing else. Do never install additional apps on it. Also never keep a SD card in the slot while flying. I have heard about many problems with it. Again, ST16 is as RC controller nothing else.

You have access to a part of the internal file system via USB cable. No need to fiddle around with SD card just to download files like flight logs or downstream videos. The 720p videos are here: Dieser ..\anzhen4_mrd7_w\Internal storage\flightmode\media_data\
As post flight procedure I copy the flight logs and move - not copy - I move the video files to PC. Both review there and usually I delete the videos after that. On the other hand I keep all flight log on the PC (forever ;-). Really no big deal with the file operation.

View attachment 22292

The problem with the FTP server may be with configuration. FTP sever has a root directory whre remote has access. This root directory is not neccessarily the root of the file system or the root of the presented file system via USB. Thus, the files are 'invisible' due to missing access rights.

br HE

Edit: Oh, sorry, I have overlooked that we talk about a ST16S instead of ST16 (H Plus). Maybe there is another file path (as WTFDproject stated).

Thank you for your help. I found the files in "Internal Storage/Yuneec/YuneecImage" as WTFDproject pointed out. My new workflow will be as you suggested. It's much easier using an USB cable than taking out the SD card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop