Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Do you think I made the right choice?

Reaction score
Hello all nice to meet you,

Do you think I made the right choice? I swapped my DJI Spark with controller, case and extra battery etc plus an iPad mini 2i used with it, for the Q500 4k.
I really wanted something a little bigger and I am quite excited about getting this although as yet I haven't gotten this.
I am just a little worried now that I may have succeed in to quickly and not thought about it long enough. I have watched countless videos and reviews and that convinced me to make the deal although I am a little worried now as this drone has been around some time although this unit is not very old. My Spark was almost new after having a replacement from DJI.

I am hoping people are going to give me all the reasons this was such a good idea lol.
I did think it was quite funny though as I started with a drone that I carried in within a tiny metal case holding everything including the iPad and walked back out with this huge case that I wheeled out like a holiday suitcase lol.

I am hoping I am going to learn lots from you all here. I would like to make use of the Android device that is part of the controller. It seems such a shame not to be able to make use of such extra power in the form of a build in Android tablet. I am currently looking into that on here.

Hello all nice to meet you,

Do you think I made the right choice? I swapped my DJI Spark with controller, case and extra battery etc plus an iPad mini 2i used with it, for the Q500 4k.
I really wanted something a little bigger and I am quite excited about getting this although as yet I haven't gotten this.
I am just a little worried now that I may have succeed in to quickly and not thought about it long enough. I have watched countless videos and reviews and that convinced me to make the deal although I am a little worried now as this drone has been around some time although this unit is not very old. My Spark was almost new after having a replacement from DJI.

I am hoping people are going to give me all the reasons this was such a good idea lol.
I did think it was quite funny though as I started with a drone that I carried in within a tiny metal case holding everything including the iPad and walked back out with this huge case that I wheeled out like a holiday suitcase lol.

I am hoping I am going to learn lots from you all here. I would like to make use of the Android device that is part of the controller. It seems such a shame not to be able to make use of such extra power in the form of a build in Android tablet. I am currently looking into that on here.
Hi, And welcome to the forum. Good question, The spark is a good little drone for small videos and pictures. And I believe it only has a 1 axis gimbal, While the Q500 has a 3 axis gimbal, Has a medium flight range. I don't own a spark so I don't know the cons and pros about it. I do know that you can't go wrong with a YUNEEC drone. I've never had a problem they didn't fix fast and easily. Which I've had very very few problems. Best of luck my friend.

Mr. I,

It was probably about an equal swap.
You'll have more fun with the Q and learning a new machine to me is fun.
When you get the Q, confirm your firmware is up to date and do some range testing before you get the Q to far away.
Don't trust the battery warning system to save you and keep an eye on the battery levels until you know the condition of the batteries.
We're here to help.
Have fun and ask any questions you might have.
As with any hobby... read,read and then read some more.
Good luck and happy flying,
Jafo

The Spark has a two-axis gimbal and as Mr. I stated, the Q500 4K has a 3-axis gimbal. I would add it is a very nice gimbal. The camera on my H is better than the camera on my Q500, but both are pretty good for what I use them for, which is to look for lost RC airplanes and monitor restoration of parkland around our airfield. Several club members have Sparks, so I have had several opportunities to compare Sparks to Yuneec multi-rotors. I like the bigger Yuneec products because they are easier to clearly see at distance flying LOS.

The end result is being happy with what you have
The monetary value isn’t really important

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval