Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does yuneec H has no mapview?

Reaction score
looking for drone companion for my P4.... Liking the H, but the dealer told me that its has no mapview... Is that true? I need to buy the realsense later to have it ? And it will a actually shorten the battery life....

Now... I think ill wait on how much the real sense will shorten the battery life....

Is anyone confirm this?

it knows NoFlyZones ) ...i am living near airport and with GPS no start possible..
only some beeps but no message on the ST16. With a message on the controller you know the controller have understand your input and that it only doesn't start because the NoFlyZone and nothing other is failed

looking for drone companion for my P4.... Liking the H, but the dealer told me that its has no mapview... Is that true? I need to buy the realsense later to have it ? And it will a actually shorten the battery life....

Now... I think ill wait on how much the real sense will shorten the battery life....

Is anyone confirm this?
Do you mean map view like what DJI has? If so the answer is no... probably because Yuneec prefers that you fly LOS for safety.

Yes... logically anything you add to the Typhoon that requires power will affect flight time. The IPS and Realsense will use power. No different than turning on obstacle avoidance, raising/lowering the landing gear or using the 360 gimbal... they all use power and affect flight time.... But not drastically.

Then how you will know orientation, location in case u lost sight? Press rth? So how you actually like this compare to dji products? How it can do flight plan etc?

Are you of those Yuneec haters? Hummmmm. Simon is this guy in your data base

Then how you will know orientation, location in case u lost sight? Press rth? So how you actually like this compare to dji products? How it can do flight plan etc?
Orientaion Is not as detailed as what DJI uses, but Yuneec does use a green arrow on the controller display that always points home. So no matter where you are you can manually fly directly home to the location of the controller or you can initiate RTH.

How do I like it compared to DJI? I like it because it is different and rather simple to use, yet does plenty. I don't like one more than the other because each has their own positives and negatives for my needs as a photographer.

Thanks Captain Drone.... i am coming from P4 and wanted to add the H on my fleet... but wanted to make sure I wont be needing to learn a lot of things....Inspire 1 is just too big for me and hard to deploy.

Just make sure I can rely on the ST16 once I lost LOS on the H, and able to make it return ... do you know where I can find some good movie on H demo showing the ST16 screen?

I would point out the return to home function does have a flaw in that the height is predefined and not adjustable which was always a useful safety procedure with DJI i.e. you fly up, take a look at your surroundings and decide on a suitable return to home height. With the Typhoon H its fixed (currently) so just keep that in mind. Hopefully they'll make than customisable at a later date.

I am also hoping they add mapview as the controller is Android based and it would be relatively straightforward to cache maps for when you fly.

I'm enjoying the Typhoon H but it is certainly back to basics a bit when compared with the software functionality of DJI. Its a great flying platform though.

Reactions: Skypicswa
I think we're missing the point here people.... If you can't see your craft and you can't tell its height and you want to bring it home....
That means you've gone past the LOS limit.
How many more people are going to come up with same complaint?
DONT GO PAST THE L.O.S. It's that easy......
If you check your ST16 for height, and it's not to your liking.... Take it up a bit and hit RTH.
Not difficult.

I think we're missing the point here people.... If you can't see your craft and you can't tell its height and you want to bring it home....
If you check your ST16 for height, and it's not to your liking.... Take it up a bit and hit RTH.
Not difficult.

I don't think you can fall back on the LOS argument on this one.

The thing does not have mapview. Mapview is useful and a customisable return to home is useful as you can increase it or lower it.

Return to home is used for emergencies, should not be overused really and the benefit of customising it includes being able to lower it if the set height is not warranted.

Its not a bad thing to challenge Yuneec and companies like them to improve their product otherwise progress will never be made.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Are you of those Yuneec haters? Hummmmm. Simon is this guy in your data base
I am not a yuneec hater... Why so sensitive? I have a P4, and wanted a second drone... Just checking how the TH works... I will not gain anything to bash yuneec..

Now that I waited enough... Now waiting for my TH pro delivery...just convince the potential of the TH pro.

Enjoy your TH..and I will enjoy my TH pro.

Reactions: Goh and ChatKLF
You'll have a blast with it @Sectordrone - it's an excellent platform and very fun to fly (GPS off is very fast!).

I'm afraid people around here are a little sensitive because in the early days there were a number of DJI 'fans' who came to this forum specifically to attack Yuneec. With a couple of exceptions it's calmed down, but when DJI users turn up everyone gets a little worried. You're very welcome though and if you have any questions or tales to tell, please keep posting!

Not difficult.
I think you don get the point here.
What if you loss contact but it's still in los and everything is gone, no telemetry and no camera you can do nothing what then. How are you going to rise then your typhoon to a height ?

But with the last update you get the mapview and you can see the route that you have done. In the apps of you android.

I think you don get the point here.
What if you loss contact but it's still in los and everything is gone, no telemetry and no camera you can do nothing what then. How are you going to rise then your typhoon to a height ?

Sorry , I don't get the point are you trying to say , remember the subject is about map view, so you have a map showing you where you are , you have line of sight, where does the map help ?
If you have no control of your craft I can't see a map will really help.

No you are right it's more a help after you have a flight. But i'am happy with every option the put in the softeware ;) But do you really use the maps on a flight. Also have a ph3 and never used the maps when i'am flying. It's distract me.

Map view during a flight is really helpful. Combine the map view with the camera view and line of sight you know exactly where you are. Example. I know I don't want fly past a road. If you have a active satellite map view you can tell when the uav os close to the road, over the road, past a road.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Map view during a flight is really helpful. Combine the map view with the camera view and line of sight you know exactly where you are. Example. I know I don't want fly past a road. If you have a active satellite map view you can tell when the uav os close to the road, over the road, past a road.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Nope never used it. I watch on my screen and when i see a road i don't fly over it. What is the difference.

Reactions: Chris McMillan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval