Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does Yuneec's DataPilot software work with the Typhoon H?

Reaction score
The title says it all. Does Yuneec's DataPilot software work with the Typhoon H? I read it works with the H520, but I figure it's worth an ask. Thanks!

Thanks guys. I'll have to check these out. Is one easier than the other to use? Admittedly, I'm rather new to this stuff.

I wonder why DataPilot wouldn't work? Looks like the differences between the H480 & H520 (and maybe I'm wrong on this) is mainly size, the camera it comes with, & the added RealSense stuff. Seems like with having Yuneec software already done they could just have a disclaimer pop-up saying you accept responsibility for flying into obstacles when you use this because you don't have RealSense. LOL That sounds funny... and appropriate. Kinda like the disclaimer every time I turn my gps in my car on,"Don't use this and drive... you're responsible..."

;) Only seems odd until you fly a Plus or a 520, then it makes perfect sense. The flight software for the Typhoon H is pretty basic in comparison to a Plus or 520, Kind of like a 64 Chevy Nova compared to 2019 Stingray.

But in all seriousness, yeah it is typical of Yuneec to do these things to force buyers into new platforms, but in the case of the 520 and Plus, it was a tremendous upgrade.

I think the looks of the 520 and Plus being similar to that of the 480 belies the fact of not only the flight improvements, but also the camera quality is several steps above and the ST-16 S interface is also a welcome improvement over the older screen.

Thanks, good info. Now you're making me want to try a H520... I guess their ploy works. :p I got into flying quads like 7 years ago. Everything was DIY & very basic then. The first Phantom hadn't even come out. It's amazing to me the leap that it's taken coming back to it. I thought the H was the bomb. I guess at half the price ya gotta figure you're missing something important/impressive.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
The H480 at launch was nearly double the price than what it is now, it represented one of the best drones at the time, with plenty of features, time moves on and better things come atong, I wouldn't say you were missing things, just other models have come along, progress I suppose.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Thanks, good info. Now you're making me want to try a H520... I guess their ploy works. :p I got into flying quads like 7 years ago. Everything was DIY & very basic then. The first Phantom hadn't even come out. It's amazing to me the leap that it's taken coming back to it. I thought the H was the bomb. I guess at half the price ya gotta figure you're missing something important/impressive.

I think the 480 is STILL a very good all around system with a decent camera, the Plus and the 520 just offer the next level of performance and imagery so if that is something you want or need, you may want to give them a look.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval