Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Doesn't take off

Reaction score
I got a brand new Breeze 4K.
Battery charge, and WiFi connection was ok, but won't take off ( Motors don't turn).
All icons are in blue except for infrared sensor in yellow, since it is on the ground.
I reloaded the app in my iPhone X but still doesn't work.
Any advice?

How close are you to a towered airport, military base, or other restricted airspace?

If you are also using the Bluetooth controller to fly, make sure you hold the start button until the motors start (about 4 to 5 seconds). In all the other flight modes, be sure to swipe through all the instruction screens until you get a takeoff button.

Thanks for your replay.
I was in a open field and I only use my iphone.
I will try to hold the takeoff buton a little longer to see what happens.

Are you in the US?

Hi DM
I have solved the takeoff issue.
The problem I have now is with the "Follow Me" mode.
I am using an IphoneX.
The drone will hover at the same place, targeting me with the camera, but won't follow me.
It happens both with GPS or Image recognition.
Any advice?

Hi DM
I am using an IphoneX.
The drone will hover at the same place, targeting me with the camera, but won't follow me.
Any advice?

I’m using an iPhone 7 Plus and have the same issue with follow me.I did manage to get follow me to work one time with an iPad mini2 but haven’t been able to get it to work since. Not sure if it’s an iOS issue or yuneec issue

6DFDEDD8-B058-47B4-A951-FDBC6B8CDF28.png You must have Location Services enabled on your phone and give Breeze Cam permission to use it. The follow me you are describing is the first Follow Me mode where the Breeze hovers and you select the object with a selection box. The Breeze can rotate to keep track of the object, but hovers in place. It is the mode with the Eye selected.

AFAA816C-6156-454D-926C-E518D73EEF39.png
The other mode with the double right arrows selected is the Smart Follow Me mode and the Breeze will track your phone as you walk or ride. Your max speed while being tracked has to be 5 meters/second (16.4 ft/s) or less. The pilot is responsible for insuring the Breeze avoids obstacles as there is NO obstacle avoidance on the Breeze.

Last edited:
Hi DM
I checked my Iphone (see attachmente) and tne Breeze App is enabled to gather my Location (Ubicacion in spanish).
Also the double arrow is selected.
Still keeps behaving as the "follow me" mode with optical recognition, just rotating without translation.
Is it possible to review the Log data to see if the App calculates the distance between the dron's coordinates and my iPhone's?Breeze01.jpg

Hi DM
I checked my Iphone (see attachmente) and tne Breeze App is enabled to gather my Location (Ubicacion in spanish).
Also the double arrow is selected.
Still keeps behaving as the "follow me" mode with optical recognition, just rotating without translation.
Is it possible to review the Log data to see if the App calculates the distance between the dron's coordinates and my iPhone's?View attachment 10214

Same problem here. I spent a week straight every evening trying anything and everything I could and still just the camera follows me and the breeze sits still. I even tried a Samsung Galaxy s7 and same thing other than on the Samsung it would flash week gps warnings.

Hi DM
I have attached a LOG file. May be you can see something that explains the abnormal behavior in Follow Me mode by GPS. (Coordinates are in Buenos Aires , Argentina)

Attachments

• LOG 1203.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 6
Lalo,

I see where your flight mode goes to 4 (follow me) and 6 (positioning the Breeze for following), but nothing in the FlightLog shows GPS position of the phone. The FlightLogs only show GPS for the Breeze itself.

I’ll try to map out settings to check in the iPhone and steps to use for Smart Follow Me.
iPhone Settings:
a) Privacy, Location Services - On
b) Privacy, Location Services, Breeze Cam - While Using
c) Breeze Cam : Location - While Using, Photos - Read and Write, Camera - On, Siri and Cellular Data - on or off

Using Smart Follow Me:
1) Connect to the Breeze and enter Tasks.
2) Enter Follow Me Task and Slide to Proceed.
3) Takeoff and use controls to position the Breeze and aim the camera at you.
4) Select Follow Me, then the double arrows (Smart) and Activate.
5) A red Record button should appear on the right side , select it and the Breeze should follow your movements.

If you need to reposition the Breeze, just tap the controls in the lower right and adjust position. Once in place, tap the lower right to resume follow me.

When ready to land use Land or RTH. If you are a long way from your takeoff point it will be best to use Land. RTH will fly the Breeze straight back to where you launched from.

I went through each step, but the problem remains.
What is the difference between the folder "LOG" and "FlightLog"?
In LOG I get new files like the one I sent you, but the folder FlightLog always remains empty.
Do you have info on succesfull experiences in the Southern Hemisfere with negative coordinates?
May be a bug in the Breeze App?

There are several pilots in Australia that fly the Breeze, so I don't think being south of the Equator makes a difference. The Log folder shows data for the Breeze Cam app connection to the internet. The FlightLog folder should contain telemetry data from the Breeze and recorded by Breeze Cam.

I use a program by Helmut Elsner ( @h-elsner ) called Q500log2kml.exe to evaluate the telemetry logs. You can get it from the download section of his website http;//h-elsner.mooo.com. It is a standalone executable and has several flavors Windows 32 bit and 64 bit, Linux, and iMac. do not open your Breeze flight log files with Excel if you use q500log2kml as it makes them unusable. Q500log2kml also generates kml files for use in Google Earth.

Breeze Cam is notorious for failing to record flight log data. You can try uninstalling Breeze Cam and re-installing to see if that helps.

I'm uploading a flight log (in FlightLog folder) from a Smart Follow Me session I did last week. Just remove the ".txt" from the end and you can load it in Q500log2kml. Flight mode 3 is on the ground, 6 is when the sticks are available to position the Breeze, and 4 is Follow Me. The autoTakeoff column shows 0 on the ground, 1 taking off, 2 flying, and 18 Land from hover.

If you continue to have trouble with Smart Follow Me, try contacting Yuneec Customer Support.

Attachments

• 2018_06_29_11_22_43.log.txt
    52.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi all. Thanks for the file to DoomMeister. In this file I saw a new case: GPS Fix is not set yet but coordinates are already available. In this case the distance to start point was wrong and kml track isn't true. Startpoint has to be updated when GPS fix is set. This was not done in Q500log2kml.

Now this problem is solved. By clicking on lat/lon header, the distance to startpoint is correct now (instead of useless high values in some datasets).

Windows version updated: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip

br HE

Hi DM
I am using an IphoneX.
Any advice?

Hi,

How did you fix the issue? I am having the same initial problem. No take off, all blue except for IRS (yellow) until I raise the drone a foot off the ground.

I got a brand new Breeze 4K.
Battery charge, and WiFi connection was ok, but won't take off ( Motors don't turn).
All icons are in blue except for infrared sensor in yellow, since it is on the ground.
I reloaded the app in my iPhone X but still doesn't work.
Any advice?
Hey, Ok I had same problems. Here's what I did. Watch this video it may help. Best, Tom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od1vO-wT-E8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone