Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Don't get it.

Reaction score
So I have had some positive things happen with drones the last few days. Now the camera on one of h drones is bound but for whatever reason the craft won't connect. This is a first, honest. The obs is off and a warning comes that it's not connected and that's fine because it's off. None of the system indicators are [emoji848]working but the camera is on the screen. I couldn't find anything on line except camera binding. I did the 45 degree angle thing and the blue light is blinking but no go. [emoji848]

I did the forward calibration several times up and down to no avail. Not sure what to try next but I will. This h is one I have only flown once and it seemed fine. I tried another h and no problem.

Peter,
This document is a lot more than just binding instructions. It is a verification process to determine what is causing a failure to bind. You have to do every single step exactly as written. After most steps, it will ask you to verify the results of the last step. When you reach a step than does not verify, DO NOT CONTINUE in the document. Stop where you are, and come back to the forum to tell us what step did not work, and what actually happened.
This document is very tedious to read. But if you can stand it, it will help us understand the problem.

Attachments

• TH Bind.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
Reactions: 25Lives
I will attempt this soon. I am taking advantage of the weather and flying another h. I will try to understand as much as I can.[emoji848]

Reactions: WTFDproject
Yes and I put cgo3 pro which I believe you might have told me to do. The screen the info is on put some bizarre numbers up and I stopped. Photo numbers to clarify.

If I understand correctly, the main problem is that rear LED does not turn orange.
@Steve Carr has a way that usually works to get the blue rear LED to turn orange. He says turn the ST16 and the drone both OFF. Then turn on ONLY the Drone. Tilt it way forward a couple times to turn the LED orange, THEN turn on the ST16. If the drone then shows up on the binding screen, you can ignore the stuff I said about the "Model Select".

You also mentioned bizarre numbers showing up. These pictures are from step 46 for the drone, and step 86 for the camera, from the document above. Are these the type numbers you are seeing?
Numbers.jpg

Peter,
This document is a lot more than just binding instructions. It is a verification process to determine what is causing a failure to bind. You have to do every single step exactly as written. After most steps, it will ask you to verify the results of the last step. When you reach a step than does not verify, DO NOT CONTINUE in the document. Stop where you are, and come back to the forum to tell us what step did not work, and what actually happened.
This document is very tedious to read. But if you can stand it, it will help us understand the problem.
To have such a document shows that yuneec engineering needs harsh wake up call... tedious procedures are the hallmark of incompetent programmers and poor Quality testing.

To have such a document shows that yuneec engineering needs harsh wake up call... tedious procedures are the hallmark of incompetent programmers and poor Quality testing.
To be clear, this has nothing to do with Yuneec engineering. It was created by @WTFDproject to help troubleshoot boot/connection problems.
What it actually shows is the enormous amount of detail in the boot process that can help identify the problem. Kudos to @WTFDproject for his extraordinary painstaking work to create this. Prior to publishing this doc, it took hours of questions/answers to arrive at a conclusion.

To be clear, this has nothing to do with Yuneec engineering. It was created by @WTFDproject to help troubleshoot boot/connection problems.
What it actually shows is the enormous amount of detail in the boot process that can help identify the problem. Kudos to @WTFDproject for his extraordinary painstaking work to create this. Prior to publishing this doc, it took hours of questions/answers to arrive at a conclusion.
Total Kudo's and Thanks for the document, that isn't in doubt or the point. The meaning of the comment is shame on yuneec for making such a laborious process and making such a document necessary.

Total Kudo's and Thanks for the document, that isn't in doubt or the point. The meaning of the comment is shame on yuneec for making such a laborious process and making such a document necessary.
Think about it another way. Other manufactures make this kind of troubleshooting impossible. You are required to send in the entire kit for any repair. We are very fortunate to have people on the Forum who have the skill worthy of this kind of investigation and creation. It's not something I find in other brand groups. We continue to find nuances and details of which no one was aware through constant testing and observation.

The quality of the parts and the engineering on Yuneec products is actually quite good. Sure, there are things that could be better. But for the price, there is nothing better on the market. The goal of shooting great video and pics is highly dependent on the skill of the user. The ability to avoid a crash and repair is exactly the same. My grandfather was a master carpenter. He would always say a poor carpenter blames the tool.

Back to the connection from the st.16 to the craft. I tried 3 different st.16 rc and the 3 cgo3+ and cameras all connect fine but still no go connecting to the craft. The photos above are next try but I am pretty sure I tried that already. I tried opening up the info on system and will come back later on.

This is sounding like the RC receiver on the aircraft has a problem. I would suggest using the Typhoon H Binding Verification found in the Way To Fix Drones project.

This is a step by step procedure that was compiled by @WTFDproject and must be followed without skipping steps. When you get to a verification step and your results are not the expected outcome STOP and report the step and your result in this thread.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Will do professor and you and the rest of the helpers have been great.

The orange light blinks after moving craft up and back. When it initially fires up lt flashes blue. More attempts now.

Peter,
The rear LED only indicates the mainboard knows you want to bind. It does not mean the things that are downstream of the mainboard have received the signal, or are able to respond. The mainboard is only an early stage in a whole sequence of components the signal must negotiate to achieve a successful bind. You will not know where the problem is until you run the binding verification as mentioned above.

Thanks all. I down loaded the info. Using an s-phone for reading instructions sucks and

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval