Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dowry in Autumn

Does this supply Manchester?
I think more like Ashton Under Lyne in Tameside rather than Manchester. Dowry water is the source of the River Tame and rises just a few hundred meters to the East of where I was flying. The water first passes through Dowry Reservoir then New Year's Bridge reservoir then immediately after New Years bridge it becomes the River Tame.

Here is a short video shot to the west of Dowry reservoir at New Years Bridge reservoir. As you can see, the two reservoirs are next to each other only separated by a road.

I think more like Ashton Under Lyne in Tameside rather than Manchester. Dowry water is the source of the River Tame and rises just a few hundred meters to the East of where I was flying. The water first passes through Dowry Reservoir then New Year's Bridge reservoir then immediately after New Years bridge it becomes the River Tame.

Here is a short video shot to the west of Dowry reservoir at New Years Bridge reservoir. As you can see, the two reservoirs are next to each other only separated by a road.

There's some nice countryside up there. I like flying in the countryside, I'm looking forward to Autumn colours, snow and frost.

There's some nice countryside up there. I like flying in the countryside, I'm looking forward to Autumn colours, snow and frost.
Well, we got plenty of countryside up here, that's true. I do alot of flying on the Pennines between Lancashire and Yorkshire leaning towards the Yorkshire side, but the downside is that when the weather is bad, it's BAD. It can only be a gentle breeze where I live in Shaw & Crompton (Between Rochdale and Oldham) but half a mile away on Crompton Moor there can be gale force winds so if I look out of my window on to the moors it can look deceptively peaceful...until I actually get there:(

Liked the videos. About what altitude were you flying at starting at 2:02?

Liked the videos. About what altitude were you flying at starting at 2:02?
no more than shoulder height...4 or 5 feet at that point but did rise a few feet higher by the end of that sequence. Actually, that is at the start of what was a difficult maneuver to pull off: I wanted to follow the course of the track over the bridge but keep it as low as possible but not so low as to risk hitting the dry stone walls or having the metal in the bridge effect my aircraft. All done in prop wash it was harder to do than the finished results would suggest.

By the way, my original plan for the day was to take off from a place the other side of that bridge but all that mud you can see prevented me from getting to the other side...I only had light duty trainers on my feet. If I'd have managed to get across that bridge it is unlikely I would have shot that sequence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval