Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone fell out of sky.

@Parkside6568
Based on your observation of shutting down while on working on the landing gear, I would suspect a battery connection problem inside the H. It could be the battery terminal is making poor contact. Remove the battery and inspect the contacts on it to see if you see any signs of arcing. Also use a flashlight and inspect inside the H battery terminals.
Put the battery back in, power it up and then wiggle the battery and tap the outside of the H to see if you can duplicate the shutdown.

Remember the part in Post #2
Ok,, so if what you are saying about the battery not being seated good is true, why does the data suggest that I never lost power and when i picked up the drone from the crash, the lights were still on the motors?
Remember the part in Post #2 that said "Let us know as much as you can about the event as you saw it." ? This is the stuff I was talking about. It's always hard to review when you don't have the drone in hand, and were not there to witness the event personally. It's a lot harder when additional facts start showing up later. Please tell us any additional details you can recall.

Yes, the data does indicate a loss of power. But if your recollections are correct, there may be more to look at than the normal loose battery issue.
The things @Steve Carr suggested are a good starting point. I would add that it is a good idea to unplug the flight control board, clean the contacts, and reinstall. The situation you described has not been heard before that I know of. This might be something new to learn.

You've already told us the lights were still on after the crash.
Were these the arm LEDs?
Did the rear LED also stay on?
Did the lights stay on after the next two times the drone turned off?
If the lights also stayed on after the next two shutdowns, what did you see that let you know it had shut itself down?
You also mentioned battery voltage after the crash. Was the controller still receiving telemetry from the drone during and immediately after the crash?

Reactions: DoomMeister
You mention puffiness in your batteries and that they are hard to slide in and out of the battery compartment. Is the tightness there the entire length of travel or just in the last 12mm as you are install the battery?

For the puffiness is it in the label area of the battery? Does it compress with gentle pressure from your fingers or is it warping the battery frame?

What voltage do you store your batteries at?

So I guess I'm going to have to eat this repair cost. Can someone tell me where I can buy parts or get it serviced? And about how much would a repair like this cost? 3 arms, 1 leg and don't even have a clue whats wrong with the gamble on the camera yet.

You mention puffiness in your batteries and that they are hard to slide in and out of the battery compartment. Is the tightness there the entire length of travel or just in the last 12mm as you are install the battery?

For the puffiness is it in the label area of the battery? Does it compress with gentle pressure from your fingers or is it warping the battery frame?

What voltage do you store your batteries at?
Yes its just where the label part is. Its easy to push in. It compresses when you press on it.

I store my batteries dead. Only charge them previous to flying.

Can someone tell me where I can buy parts or get it serviced?
You might be able to repair it yourself. Watch some of the videos in the list below to see if it's something you can do.
The parts and the repair (if you are unable) can be found at www.yuneecskins.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval