Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone in a mountain

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking about taking my Breeze 4k to a mountain, but I don't know what will happen when I click return to home.
So if I take off the drone around 2100 m above sea level, and then up the drone around 80 m and leave the mountain area, then the drone will be around 2180 m, but only 80 above the ground.
But if I leave the mountain area when flying, then the drone will be 2180 m above ground.

What will happen when I click return to home?

1) the drone will come back to me at 2100 m? or

2) the drone will try to go down till 80 m above sea level, once that it's outside mountain area?

Thanks, Sergio.

Th

I don't have a Breeze but I am pretty sure it works like all the other Yuneec aircraft and uses a barometer to determine altitude. When you boot up and start the motors the altitude the drone is at will be entered as home (ground) elevation. All the functions such as RTH will base their calculations off of that altitude so it will climb to what ever height above the take off position is set and fly home as normal. If you fly a distance from the mountain it will not know how high above the terrain it is so it will be up to you to fly responsibly.

Reactions: Tom Chastain
Also note... the greater your altitude, the shorter your flight battery duration will be.

The important thing to remember is to never have anything higher than the aircraft between you and it when initiating RTH.

As I don’t know the exact protocol of the Breeze’s RTH I can’t say for certain how it would behave but if the “Home” position is determined by the location of the controller it would go to the controller location and descend to set RTH height once arriving there.

If It's in gps mode It will use the altitude of it's take off point as sea level. I HAD a breeze and flew it a lot all over the place, all different altitudes. It never did anything like that.

From the Q-500 on, Yuneec drones have been programmed to initiate and execute RTH by rising to the programed RTH height if below when initiated, or if already above the programmed RTH height, to remain at the higher altitude until reaching the home location, at which time a descent will initiate.

As Yuneec drones have employed a dynamic RTH using the controller as the home location, if the controller moves while the aircraft is in flight so does the home location. So if a user takes off at a high location and relocates to a lower location the drone would remain at the higher altitude if RTH was initiated from the lower location, provided the drone was not above the max geo fence height after controller relocation.

Yuneec drones don’t have a clue where sea level is. The take off point establishes a zero altitude point and the pressure sensor only senses pressure more or less than what was recorded at the zero point and roughly converts the pressure difference to feet or meters, depending on the measurement scale selected.

So the programmed RTH logic suggests the Breeze would remain high during RTH if launched from a high location when RTH is triggered from a location lower than the launch point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66