Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone insurance

Reaction score
I will be receiving my yuneec typhoon h next week. Is there an insurance company in the UK that will insure for loss or damage and is it worth thinking about?

Cheers Dale

The only two I know about that does 3rd party insurance is either BMFA or FPVUK.ORG, I use the latter.
I was looking at FPVUK, how do you find them? The website is a bit minimal and as an organisation there does not seem to be much to it except for the insurance which looks like a bargain to me.
However the OP asked about insurance for loss or damage and afaik they only do 3rd party liability. I would have thought insuring for loss or damage would be too expensive to bother?

FPVUK was started by Simon at firstpersonview because the BMFA initially frowned upon FPV and you could not get insurance. I've had no problems but then again never had to make a claim (who has?) . I've never seen comprehensive insurance available probably because like you say the cost would be astronomical.

Reactions: OnTheRopes
FPVUK was started by Simon at firstpersonview because the BMFA initially frowned upon FPV and you could not get insurance. I've had no problems but then again never had to make a claim (who has?) . I've never seen comprehensive insurance available probably because like you say the cost would be astronomical.
Thanks, I think I shall be joining anyway has to be well worth it at that price

to be clear, those insurances do not cover the aircraft, it is only 3rd party but still worth having.

to be clear, those insurances do not cover the aircraft, it is only 3rd party but still worth having.
Yes, I do understand this, I have never been one to over insure, preferring to take the chance but 3rd party liability with such a craft I see as valuable, for one thing if you do have an incident and may also make it easier to gain permission to fly somewhere. I have just paid up

Also be aware, that depending on where you intend to fly, is to check local Bylaws, as some Bylaws have sections either allowing or restricting the use of any model aircraft.

Usually you can view them online at the website for your Local Authority, or you can go into your local Authority and ask for a copy of them, i think you can even visit your local library ( if have one ) to see them.
we had some arguments over times for flying, eg, if we could add further times to our club days or not, upon reading our bylaws it clearly said any electric powered aircraft can be flown on most open spaces with no restriction on days etc. so its worth a look, i carry a copy of that section and my BMFA card if out and about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval