Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone Issue

UPDATE: Everything is handled. It was a defect with the contacts to the battery and the vibrations reproduce it every time- even with the battery being fully seated. It was not that I didn't plug the battery in all the way - although I will use this as advice for future flights.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Glad you got it figured out. I'm curious because you mention the connector; how did you find this, were you able to reproduce the disconnect?

The reason I ask is that after return from a property shoot, I was draining an unused battery to get it close to storage level. Typically I'll just take off in my backyard and let it hover for about ten minutes and then use an aftermarket charger to get the battery right at storage level.

But on this one flight after take off, at about five feet, it seemed as if all power cut for a split second, it happened really fast - the H dropped about 8 to 12 inches and then resumed. This was not a slowing of the motors it sounded (at least to my ears) as if all power was cut for just an instant. I landed immediately and checked to see if I had missed the battery connection and I hadn't. Upon checking everything out, I went back through preflight and finished my routine without a hitch. My only thought is that it is possible since the winds were about 10 with strong gusts to maybe 15 and the fact that I was positioned between the house and a fence that the craft got a up draft of some sort but now I am curious to know exactly what was found if you would care to share.

UPDATE: Everything is handled. It was a defect with the contacts to the battery and the vibrations reproduce it every time- even with the battery being fully seated.

Great news, Chris.:) A unique problem I believe...:rolleyes:

How did you fix it?

Glad you got it figured out. I'm curious because you mention the connector; how did you find this, were you able to reproduce the disconnect?

The reason I ask is that after return from a property shoot, I was draining an unused battery to get it close to storage level. Typically I'll just take off in my backyard and let it hover for about ten minutes and then use an aftermarket charger to get the battery right at storage level.

But on this one flight after take off, at about five feet, it seemed as if all power cut for a split second, it happened really fast - the H dropped about 8 to 12 inches and then resumed. This was not a slowing of the motors it sounded (at least to my ears) as if all power was cut for just an instant. I landed immediately and checked to see if I had missed the battery connection and I hadn't. Upon checking everything out, I went back through preflight and finished my routine without a hitch. My only thought is that it is possible since the winds were about 10 with strong gusts to maybe 15 and the fact that I was positioned between the house and a fence that the craft got a up draft of some sort but now I am curious to know exactly what was found if you would care to share.
I was doing a shoot of a farmhouse a few weeks ago and was using high ground next to a reservoir for my take off point. On both flights I took off and sent the aircraft out towards the farmhouse and over the edge of the reservoir which had a steep incline. As the aircraft went over the edge it too seemed to lose power for a split second and drop a foot or so. I determined it was due to how the wind was hitting the incline of the reservoir's ***.

It sounds like there was a down draft or even a vortex, wind off of the buildings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33