Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drones as weapons

I imagine the "Home-grown" actors are more of a potential problem. Thus the Homeland check on 107's.

There seem to be two forces at odds here. One the group in favor of less restriction on drones. The opposing group wanting more checks and restrictions, whether they be local cities, or national security concerns.

We drone flyers need to be aware of potential problems when we go to fly. Besides the obvious NFZs, this includes crowds, shopping centers, etc.
Not a paranoid approach, just common sense.

I imagine the "Home-grown" actors are more of a potential problem. Thus the Homeland check on 107's.

There seem to be two forces at odds here. One the group in favor of less restriction on drones. The opposing group wanting more checks and restrictions, whether they be local cities, or national security concerns.

We drone flyers need to be aware of potential problems when we go to fly. Besides the obvious NFZs, this includes crowds, shopping centers, etc.
Not a paranoid approach, just common sense.
I agree these will be more of a problem here, but stupid people or those who plan nefarious acts will not register or care about our silly laws. Same with gun owners. Most of the regulation is just a burden to law abiding folks and done to make politicians appear to be addressing the problem.

Seems there is always somebody out there that's gotta screw it up for all the good ones out there and make it more difficult to get anything done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval