Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E50 records for 5 minute chunks and then starts a new File on the SD Card.

Reaction score
Does the E50 only record for 5 minutes then starts a new file, or is there some way to increase the Video Time Length?

Does the E50 only record for 5 minutes then starts a new file, or is there some way to increase the Video Time Length?
Unfortunately no. Drones, mirrorless 4/3 etc. all break clips at 4 gigs. I shoot many full size video cameras as well as M 4/3 and drones. It is a licensing issue. While my full size video rigs will shoot a contiguous file as large as the card used my drones and 4/3 cameras break clips. You can get a longer clip by shooting 1080p but it will also break at 4 gigs. The good news is once you put the clips on a timeline in your editing software it "should be" seamless.

The limitation is made to avoid problems with the file system on the SD card. FAT32 for example cannot handle files larger than 4GB.

NTFS can handle larger files (up to 16TB) but is not usable for the LINUX cores in the camera. LINUX file system (like ext2 or so) can also handle larger files but in this case Windows user cannot format SD card with it. So, they use the FAT file system as "least common denominator".

br HE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop