Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 and/or St16s problems

Hi ... sad you have this prolem too .....
"Unfortunately" the shop i bought it from is taking care of the issue ..... it's been a month almost and today they told me that yuneec wants the aircraft too....they had just the transmitter and the E90 .

So i have no idea what the problem is..... it may be the tx , the e90 or at this point the aicraft too.

I wanted to try a different st16s battery too, so i ordered one but they sent me the st16 one ...... not happy .

Now i have to take the aircraft to the store , and wait them to send everything back to Yuneec EU ... in Germany. so it going to takes at least 2 weeks .....

Did you try with another camera and low battery ?

Is k2 , in the rc monitor window, moving as well?

sorry i cannot help you .

Reactions: MrEd
Anyways i did start a ticket in the first place and they said to send everything back to them ....

Reactions: MrEd
I'll have to check this out as well, thanks for the report! A video I did a couple of days ago exhibited this behaviour, but luckily I have the software to minimize the effect.
.. i think it is somenthing difficult to be found .... i mean if you shoot picture fast enough you're not going to find it out . On videos it is easyer, but if you soot always big panoramas probably it is not that noticeable ......

Lets check all our gears ..... who knows .....:eek:

Just tested this once more with 2 different copters, 3 cams and 2 St16. On the desk, no need to be up in the air.

Both St16 have this problem. Nothing to do with the copter or cam (2x E10t, 1xE90).

With low TX voltage it starts shaking around tilt axis. Can see it in the RC monitor as well.

Once I plug a powerbank to the St16 it immediately stops shaking.

.. i think it is somenthing difficult to be found .... i mean if you shoot picture fast enough you're not going to find it out . On videos it is easyer, but if you soot always big panoramas probably it is not that noticeable ......

Lets check all our gears ..... who knows .....:eek:
Definitely not noticeable in stills and panos, just videos. Although I have had some trouble with the horizon starting to tilt in the panos. One side of the pano is good and 180d starts to get off. Anyone else? Gimbal calibrations and level the launch pad haven't made a difference.

Just tested this once more with 2 different copters, 3 cams and 2 St16. On the desk, no need to be up in the air.

Both St16 have this problem. Nothing to do with the copter or cam (2x E10t, 1xE90).

With low TX voltage it starts shaking around tilt axis. Can see it in the RC monitor as well.

same as mine..... what kind of usb plugs (amps) did your powerbank have ? because i think i have tried the same but plugging it in its charger and i think it deliver 2.1 A and it cant even stop discharging the tx

same as mine..... what kind of usb plugs (amps) did your powerbank have ? because i think i have tried the same but plugging it in its charger and i think it deliver 2.1 A and it cant even stop discharging the tx

The powerbank I used does 3A. But I did not test whether it can charge the St16 while it’s on.

The powerbank I used does 3A. But I did not test whether it can charge the St16 while it’s on.
We might think about cables as well. I have a 15w powerbank that I know will power the ST16 and while it charges REALLY slowly it's more like it is maintaining as the ST16 will continue to run showing what ever percentage I plugged it in at. I left the cable that came with it at home one day and tried to plug in another one and it recognized the connection, but would not charge. Strange thing is that the backup cable I used was from my phone's quick-charge charger.

Did you take any video of the camera's behavior on the bench. This would be very interesting to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: chascoadmin
Interesting. I'm wondering if there is some slight oxidation on the K2 pot that only becomes critical at a lower voltage. Might be worth a try to clean it with some Electrical Contact Cleaner.

However, it seems more unlikely if it occurs with multiple transmitters.

Yes, took a video of this hidden Yuneec feature:

It is exactly what happen to my e90... And I'm starting to think it affects most of our TX..... My TX is brand new. It has at most 6 months and if I'm correct 5 flights ( China test included).

I tried a different TX but it was an old one with some j3, J4 issues .... It had the same k2 problem...

Reactions: Steve Carr
I tried a different TX but it was an old one with some j3, J4 issues
The stick problem is easily fixed.

It had the same k2 problem..
It does appear K2 is susceptible to a low voltage condition. The immediate response is to keep the battery voltage high enough to avoid that situation.

The stick problem is easily fixed.

It does appear K2 is susceptible to a low voltage condition. The immediate response is to keep the battery voltage high enough to avoid that situation.
This kind of thing is exactly why I have 2 RC's and 3 batteries with me at all times. I go through two batteries pretty much every time I fly. Interesting thing is that I haven't changed any of my flight methods and this condition didn't show up until the last firmware update.

Just a note colleagues, it is not a good idea to charge while discharging a battery, that is when it is in use. We subject it to much more stress than it is prepared for and therefore shorten its life quickly :rolleyes:

I don't see this method as charging the battery, but rather, supplying additional power to supplement the battery.

Reactions: Mike Irish
I have a slightly different issue just used 8 flight batteries. after the 4th flight battery I need to swap out the st16s battery. It was at 50 percent. Here is were the long time issue rears it head new fully charged st16 battery installed on st16s power back on and the st16s gps will not come online. I had to break out my backup st16s to use for the 5th flight to get the gps back on data pilot. however after I drained the 5th flight battery on the backup st16s. placed a 3rd fully charge st16s battery into primary st16s controller and this time I got the gps back running on the that st16s. after that it was a battle to get the e90 camera back on that controller.

I have a slightly different issue just used 8 flight batteries. after the 4th flight battery I need to swap out the st16s battery. It was at 50 percent. Here is were the long time issue rears it head new fully charged st16 battery installed on st16s power back on and the st16s gps will not come online. I had to break out my backup st16s to use for the 5th flight to get the gps back on data pilot. however after I drained the 5th flight battery on the backup st16s. placed a 3rd fully charge st16s battery into primary st16s controller and this time I got the gps back running on the that st16s. after that it was a battle to get the e90 camera back on that controller.

With my limited experience. I cannot see a butter way around solving your problems than fitting an external battery pack. I have a cep phone booster battery pack in my flight box all the time. If I find that my transmitter is running a little low on power I just connect the power bank to the tranny. I haven't found any negative problems in doing that.
Mike

I don't see this method as charging the battery, but rather, supplying additional power to supplement the battery.

Yes, I understand you, but the reality is that we have today in all this type of electronic devices with batteries of this type a charge and discharge controller or BMS/PCB/PCM. You put energy on one side and you take it out on the other, so that energy always goes through the battery so yes, you are forcing the battery for a use for which it is normally not prepared. The same thing happens in mobile phones and many other devices with batteries of this type. There is not really a bypass that allows the energy it consumes to pass through and the rest that is missing or over goes to the battery.

P.D.: The electronic devices that allow you to do this usually specify it. I have a phone gimbal that allows it, or some sports camera also in its characteristics indicates it, and they do it as an added feature and to my understanding very good although the opposite is the most usual, they are not prepared for it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval