Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 Best practise to access pictures

Reaction score
Website
www.ecomap.at
Hi guys, NOOB here

Just a plain stupid question. I just tried the first time to get the pictures out of my E90. So i just plug in a cable and connected to my PC. Nothing! :confused: Ok, maybe it need some Energy ?? So i put a battery in my H520E and well...the sd-card is recognized by the PC. But then, the camera was moving around (maybe calibrating) with the cable still on it. And It seems the camera didnt like it to be an a leash... and i dont like to destroy the thing in the very first week...?

So I shut it off. Got out the SD-Card. Put it in a Card Reader and got my photos...everthing alright.

So now the question. What use has the Micro USB on the E90? Actually i would prefer do just plug in a cable than to fidle around with the SD-Card...

How you guys get to your photos?

regards
Stefan

The microUSB connection is not for enduser access. It is for factory and maintenance use.

Photos and videos are retrieved by the SD card. This is with all Yuneec cameras. You can use WiFi access, but it is too slow for downloading videos and is actually too slow for photos also.

Reactions: ecoMAP and Pier2162
Please, please have a good read of the manual for the 520E. Your question indicates that you haven't done that and that you haven't operated any of the H series drones before you purchased your 520E.

The aircraft and its cameras are quite sophisticated and are not intuitive to use. It is definitely not "plug and play". You are inviting disappointment into your life if you don't read the manual properly before you use it.

If you haven't already done it read the section on calibrating the systems (Camera, GPS, Gyro's, etc) and do the calibration sequences before you fly next. Make sure you are a good 11 metres from metal (including reinforced concrete wall and paths) when you do your Compass calibration.

Make sure you understand the RTL systems and when they kick in and what the aircraft will do if it decides the for instance that the batteries are getting too low or if it looses signal from the ST16. Also Make sure you have set the safety settings to suit the area you are flying in BEFORE you take off. A RTL height of 10 metres is bound to cause issues if the trees and buildings in your area of operations are say 20 metres and the aircraft does an RTL.

I would also have a look at the "How to" videos on the 520 airframes that Yuneec Europe have posted on YouTube. They will help you understand what it can do.

I can't stress it too much, read the manual.

Reactions: Mike Irish
How you guys get to your photos?
I don't have a 520e but...:

I have an SD (TF actually, "TransFlash" or Micro SD) for each battery. Each time I change batteries, I also change out the TF card.

Doing this minimizes data/photo loss in the event of an issue. The card goes to the laptop where the images are transferred to the local drive and also an attached backup drive. Once the images are in 2 locations (minimum) the card can be returned to the rotation. When it's changed out with the battery, it's formatted before the flight, in the camera.

This may be excessive for your needs and risk tolerance, but I'm dealing with Client Images and a loss that results in a re-shoot is not good business. Depends on the value you place on your images. (vacation images vs just flying around the neighborhood)

Please, please have a good read of the manual for the 520E. Your question indicates that you haven't done that and that you haven't operated any of the H series drones before you purchased your 520E.

The aircraft and its cameras are quite sophisticated and are not intuitive to use. It is definitely not "plug and play". You are inviting disappointment into your life if you don't read the manual properly before you use it.

If you haven't already done it read the section on calibrating the systems (Camera, GPS, Gyro's, etc) and do the calibration sequences before you fly next. Make sure you are a good 11 metres from metal (including reinforced concrete wall and paths) when you do your Compass calibration.

Make sure you understand the RTL systems and when they kick in and what the aircraft will do if it decides the for instance that the batteries are getting too low or if it looses signal from the ST16. Also Make sure you have set the safety settings to suit the area you are flying in BEFORE you take off. A RTL height of 10 metres is bound to cause issues if the trees and buildings in your area of operations are say 20 metres and the aircraft does an RTL.

I would also have a look at the "How to" videos on the 520 airframes that Yuneec Europe have posted on YouTube. They will help you understand what it can do.

I can't stress it too much, read the manual.
Thx, you absolutly right!
I was careful when i started the copter and read the manual. But when i was back at home i just saw an USB Connector and tried. My fault!
regards
Stefan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval