Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 non-stop shaking

Reaction score
Hey guys

I just got old H520 from a friend and I went for firmware update. It seems I upgraded everything but camera and gimbal.
Camera E90 firmware is currently 1.0.56_E and gimbal is 2.40.3

On the Yuneec website I see that there is camera firmware 1.0.61 (EU) but you are here saying that there is 1.0.81 EU available ?

Not sure how to upgrade camera and gimbal as updater is not registering the need of update for the camera and gimbal.

Please advise
Thanks

I finally upgraded E90 camera. In updater I needed to switch wifi from my network to camera actually.
All went fine during upgrade but now camera is non-stop shaking up-down like it is earthquake.
I went through all calibrations , gyro, accelerometer, compas and gimbal ....no solution, camera is non-stop shaking. Only in full uppare and down positions is stable.

What should I try to fix this ?

@dxer,
You have an issues than can result from a damaged main ribbon in the camera. There are other possibilities, of course, but the damaged ribbon scenario is probably the most common single cause.
The ribbons can be damaged anytime the camera moves about without restraint. It happens in crashes, of course. It also has happened when the drone is transported in the box without the gimbal lock mounted. And, possibly relevant to your situation, it sometimes happens when you perform a compass calibration with the camera mounted and without the gimbal lock in place. So the first questions become:

Did you do a compass calibration after the update?
Was the gimbal lock installed?

The answer to the questions will help us know how to proceed.

Yes, I did compass calibration with camera actually, but I did it this way many times before with Typhoon H and nothing happend.
Not sure if I can do this without camera. In another thread I read something about E90 vibrations. In my case gimbal is not vibrating, just camera going up/down slightly.

I found here video from one another user and this is exactly what is happening to me

Latest !: I removed camera from copter and installed again and it seems this fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Yes, I did compass calibration with camera actually, but I did it this way many times before with Typhoon H and nothing happend.
Not sure if I can do this without camera. In another thread I read something about E90 vibrations. In my case gimbal is not vibrating, just camera going up/down slightly.

I found here video from one another user and this is exactly what is happening to me

Latest !: I removed camera from copter and installed again and it seems this fixed the problem.
A broken ribbon is certainly not the only possibility. It is mentioned only because some elements of your issue make it plausible.

"I did it this way many times before with Typhoon H and nothing happend."
The Typhoon H camera used a very different arrangement. In the CGo3+, the WIFI board was in the camera ball, with the USB reader mounted directly on it. The ribbon between the WIFI board was short, much wider, and was not subject to flexing due to motion. This arrangement required far fewer conductors to run through the joints between the camera ball and vertical arm. With fewer conductors, there was room to use individual, much thicker actual wires through the vulnerable areas. With the newer C23/E90, etc. arrangement, the WIFI Board is in the Vertical arm. The newer arrangement requires a couple of dozen conductors to operate. All these conductors are on a ribbon. Not only does the new ribbon carry far more conductors, the new ribbon is much smaller. This results in some really small conductors. Experience has shown the ribbon itself is subject to damage, which takes out multiple conductors. But the very small conductors can also suffer individual failure due to excessive flexing.

That is good news, and I hope it remains operating. Unfortunately, this is also a common symptom of a failing ribbon. The broken ends sometimes line up enough to resume full functionality. Sometimes for many flights. But eventually problems begin to emerge, they become more frequent, and eventually stop working at all. Please be alert for difficulties during camera start-up, odd failure codes that disappear, difficulties making gimbal and drone updates, video with issues, and any other camera/gimbal anomaly.
Otherwise, good flying and happy times!!

The shaking of the gimbal is caused by our of calibration of the zero point of the gimbal.
You need a special tools and program to fix this problem.
Only a Yuneec distributor or good Yuneec service point have that equipement.

Can you post some picture with this "special tool"?
It's no use.
You need also a special software program that only Yuneec have.
I'm a commercial partner and service point of Yuneec so I have the tools and program.
Yuneec doesn't allow to give the program software to customers.

Reactions: aedronix
I asked just for a picture. Nothing more. Helpful as Yuneec I can say in this case...

The software is a different story. I didn't ask for it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval