Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

eBay "Bargains"

WTFDproject

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This kind of stuff shows up on eBay all the time. Just curious. How many folks would even consider something like this? Much less take a shot at it.

eBay.JPG

HI. Keith here. I tried this once with a q500 for 99.00. Received a notice from ebay that my account was compromised. Used pay pal and they stopped payment. Be careful. If it seems to good to be true it usually is.

Reactions: WTFDproject
More red flags!

Yeah. This one has several. Yet people jump in anyway. And it isn't really eBay that refunds the money. It gets translated into increased sellers fees, which gets translated into higher prices for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of these eBay sellers are direct descendants of PT Barnum... ?

Reactions: WTFDproject
Take the box measurements and weight to a UPS or FedEx location. You’ll find the minimum shipping fee is ~$67.00 and goes higher from there. Then ask yourself who in their right mind would sell something worth at least $600.00 for less than the cost to ship it? Then ask yourself who could be enough of a fool to believe it could happen?

This kind of stuff shows up on eBay all the time. Just curious. How many folks would even consider something like this? Much less take a shot at it.

View attachment 16466
No. EBay is a beware site. Lots of times the low price is to grab your attention, read the description and they want you to contact them privately for a price, or a ridiculous high postage price. So many scams now its getting tideous to weed out the genuine.

I have to go along with Barnum as I believe he was the one that coined “there’s a sucker born every minute.”

Ding, ding, ding, ding... winna, winna, chicken dinna... :)

This Situation Reminds me of an old saying If something is to good to be true then it probably is Buyer beware.

With Ebay, it's buyer beware. This seems an offering that you should be very wary about. The "screen shot" is not complete, so this is not a real offering, right?

I bought my H from a legitimate seller on eBay, paid $479 shipped for a factory refurb with a one year warranty. Lowest price I've ever seen, and once they were gobe they were gone or I would have have bought two.

. The "screen shot" is not complete, so this is not a real offering, right?

Yes, it was a real offering.
And it will show up again. And again. And again.
This one has been showing up every couple days for the last week or so. Very similar ones have been running for the last couple years.
If you notice in the screenshot, someone had already purchased one of these. When eBay takes one down, they also remove the sold items from the "completed listings" section.

I have to go along with Barnum as I believe he was the one that coined “there’s a sucker born every minute.”
Yep and we've all been one at least for one minute in our lives! And grow older and hopefully wiser from it!

Reactions: PatR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece