Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

engine failure

Thanks Thomas. I was just wondering if it was something that was likely to happen to mine. My model is a lot older, so if it was going to happen I suppose it would have done so by now. I have to say I have had no trouble with mine so far. (Apart from a novice induced crash or two)
Regards,
Geoff Lear.

Yes Geoff this is the 1st time I have had a problem with mine so will see what yuneec say but due to getting my telemetry checked it did not show a motor problem so I don't know as it did come up on the screen saying that I will say tho I fitted a carbon fiber strut to my landing legs and that saved my camera from being wrecked so highly recommend you fitting 1as you can see from the picture it's only the front that's still intacted the rear of the legs completely missing so I have orderd another strut brace to put on the rear aswell

Last edited:
Yes Geoff this is the 1st time I have had a problem with mine so will see what yuneec say but due to getting my telemetry checked it did not show a motor problem so I don't know as it did come up on the screen saying that I will say tho I fitted a carbon fiber strut to my landing legs and that saved my camera from being wrecked so highly recommend you fitting 1as you can see from the picture it's only the front that's still intacted the rear of the legs completely missing so I have orderd another strut brace to put on the rear aswell
That strip certainly did save your camera Thomas. I've not seen one before. Are they available from Yuneec, or did you get it elsewhere? I also like your "Remove before use " tab, I must get one of those too. Well I hope you have some success, please let me know how you get on. regards, Geoff

That strip certainly did save your camera Thomas. I've not seen one before. Are they available from Yuneec, or did you get it elsewhere? I also like your "Remove before use " tab, I must get one of those too. Well I hope you have some success, please let me know how you get on. regards, Geoff
Hi Geoff you buy the carbon strut from eBay and same as the remove before flight tabs were abouts are you if ur in the UK I can post a flight pull tab to you free and yuneec have my drone it got to them yesterday so will wait on the call

Black Motor Protective Cover + Carbon Fiber Gimbal Guard For YUNEEC Q500 Quad | eBay

Hi Geoff you buy the carbon strut from eBay and same as the remove before flight tabs were abouts are you if ur in the UK I can post a flight pull tab to you free and yuneec have my drone it got to them yesterday so will wait on the call

Black Motor Protective Cover + Carbon Fiber Gimbal Guard For YUNEEC Q500 Quad | eBay
Thanks for the info Thomas. I'll take a look on ebay as I think the extra protection is vital. I had a hard landing which messed up my camera a while back. Give me an email to [email protected] for a full report. Regards, Geoff.

Ok guys got a call from yuneec UK when they looked at my telemetry they have said they seen a compass error same place I always fly and a low voltage my battery was 10.8 no warnings of battery/voltage and no motor problem so total cost £253.00 as it's not a warranty issue so gave the go-ahead to start

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Thomas. Very sorry to hear of the compass and battery issues. I don't what they mean by compass error? but I too have had some odd battery situations, but nothing like yours. Hope you get back in the air soon.
regards,
Geoff Lear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro