Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

EOI for the H520 Down Under.

Reaction score
With one of the importers now out of the game and the other one saying they are not going to bring in the H520.
I am discussing with Yuneec Asia the option of bringing in some.
Can I get some ideas of Australians who would be seriously interested.
The prices I have are the expected RRP.
So they are a start.
$2500 Drone, 2x Batteries, Props, ST16S
$2800 CGO ET
$1900 CGO E90 (90mm 1" 20MP 4k60fps 100mbps)
$1500 CGO E50 (50mm)
If I can have some idea of interest I can try and facilitate some stock into Australia. IE Australian warranty, GST invoice and of course phone support from me

Is that $1900 just for the E90 camera? The dji x4s is only £629 gbp?? Or is the E90 more like the X5s?

$1900 = £1132 according to Google, nearly twice as much as the x4s.

Pretty hard to make price comparisons before having any performance specs to reference unless all you're looking for is the lowest priced product and have no interest in capability.

E90 4K camera: 1 inch CMOS, 20 million pixels, you can shoot 60fps 4K video, 1080P shooting frame rate up to 120fps;

Except that it is not a 24mm equivalent it is a 90mm one.
And something that zoomed is going to be very hard to maintain smooth video. So they are doing something in the 3 axis to maintain a smooth shot.
Can't wait to see it.

Except that it is not a 24mm equivalent it is a 90mm one.
And something that zoomed is going to be very hard to maintain smooth video. So they are doing something in the 3 axis to maintain a smooth shot.
Can't wait to see it.
Is it an adjustable zoom? A permanent 90 will be hard to work with.

As Per other thread - it's not 90mm equiv, it's 90 degree FOV - so about the same as the CGO3+.

As Per other thread - it's not 90mm equiv, it's 90 degree FOV - so about the same as the CGO3+.
What I have read says 90mm
What makes me think this is correct is the fact that they have changed the complete housing.
If it was just 90 deg. Then they could have fitted it in the existing casing.
Either way we will find out some time soon I'm hoping.

Good spotting.
Well that is a bit of a shame for my inspection customers who wanted a zoomed lens.

The E50 is the zoomed lens (50 degree field of view). The pictures with the big lens are the E90/1inch sensor (90 degree field of view).

From what has been shown so far, the E90 is a 1inch 20mp replacement for the CGO3+ - so roughly the same field of view, but an upgrade to 4K @ 60fps and much better light handling. It won't be cheap, but if you'e serious about broadcast quality filming, it will be the camera of choice.

The E50 is (again, from what I've read) the inspection camera - with a similar spec to the CGO3+, but a narrower 50 degree field of view (ie. zoomed in). It was referred to as the CGO-Ci earlier on.

Then there is the upgrade to the CGO3+ which keeps pretty much the same specs (roughly 90 degree field of view, small sensor 4K @ 30fps), but improves the lens arrangement, which should give more consistently sharp images and get rid of the magenta cast that can let the existing camera down.

The new E- cameras are not hobbyist devices. Nor is the H520. If you're a commercial pilot with a need for quality equipment, then this will be a very competitive package - equivalent to the Inspire 2 or other commercial drone packages.

On the other hand, if you're a hobby user who likes to take the occasional nice picture, this is not the drone for you. It won't be on sale in Target or Amazon, and it won't be cheap.

Reactions: Haydn
Thanks for the update - you say the H520 is a serious commercial drone - does it have any upgrades internaly, multiple imu, GPS or compass sensors etc? I guess also a single battery? I love the look of it but if it just a slightly bigger version of my h480 then I would rather just buy the new camera.

The new E- cameras are not hobbyist devices. Nor is the H520. If you're a commercial pilot with a need for quality equipment, then this will be a very competitive package - equivalent to the Inspire 2 or other commercial drone packages.

On the other hand, if you're a hobby user who likes to take the occasional nice picture, this is not the drone for you. It won't be on sale in Target or Amazon, and it won't be cheap.

Well said.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the new model once it reaches production stage'

Reactions: Haydn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers