Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ESC ID Software Corrupt?

Reaction score
Hey guys.......hope you are having a great flying Summer. Just a quick one here regarding use of the ESC ID Software from YUNEEC web-site. After downloading the software.......my McAfee software stated: "WHOA sure you wanna go there"? Stated the software has a virus. I'm certain the Yuneec Company must be aware
of this issue..........right?

If anyone could assist me in determining what other software I could use, to TEST the correct
motor connectivity or orientation. I just installed a brand new ESC board. Is this "test" even necessary?

Again, I'm flying the Yuneec Q500 4K unit. I'm not into "taking chances".......if someone could provide
"clarity" on this ESC TEST......I would be greatful.

Thanks guys!!

Do you mean the Typhoon Q500 GUI?
It's legit, I use it all the time. Are you sure you are downloading it from the official yuneec.com website?

Also, you just replaced one of the ESCs? If you are not into taking chances, then you definitely should do the motor/esc ID thing. If not, you can try to fire up the motors and just see if they all turn in the right direction. If they are, they you are pretty much good to go, but still, the right way to do it is to do it through the GUI.

When you connect your copter to the GUI, all other systems will be checked as well, so it's really a good thing to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval