Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

EXIF Date Problem E20Tvx since Software Update to 0.1.30A

Reaction score
Hello,

We have a big Problem with the new Software 0.1.30A on our Thermocam E20Tvx mounted on a H520e.

If we take a photo, the EXIF-prameter seems not to be written correctly in the photo.

Here an example with the old software 0.1.27A (DateTime was correct):

{
"{TIFF}" = {
DateTime = "2021:12:16 14:38:22";
ImageDescription = "YUN_0008_T.JPG";
Make = YUNEEC;
Model = "E20Tvx 0.1.27A";
Orientation = 1;
ResolutionUnit = 2;
Software = "0.1.27A";
XResolution = 72;
YResolution = 72;
};
}

Here an example with the new software 0.1.30A (Photo was taken on 16.01.2022 in the afternoon - DateTime not written correct):

{
"{TIFF}" = {
DateTime = "2022:01:10 00:00:00";
ImageDescription = "YUN_0002.JPG";
Make = YUNEEC;
Model = "E20Tvx 0.1.30A";
Orientation = 1;
ResolutionUnit = 2;
Software = "0.1.30A";
XResolution = 72;
YResolution = 72;
};
}

This happens with all photos after the update to new version.

So we can‘t use these Photos with IRFanView automatic processed batch with with the correct Timestamp.

we are flying for a Fire Department and send the photos to our operations management.
Without the possibility of automatically providing the photos with the corrected time stamp, we can’t use these photos.

We need help !

Do someone of you have the ale problem after Update ?

Thanks
Martin

Last edited:
I would suggest a call to Yuneec DE

+49 4191 93260

The wrong date in the EXIF-Parameter is not a problem only typical for the H520e with the Thermocam. My H3 with the Leica cam ION L1 pro archives every once in a while photos with the timestamp December 1, 2013. During several flights within an hour it can happen, that a whole series of pictures has a 2013 time stamp, and in the following flight (landing - power off h3+ST16s - power on ST16s+H3 - take off) the time stamp is ok. It's a curious behaviour. Nevertheless the question is, from where does the camera adopt the initial time stamp after power on? Could it be that the GPS module is still not ready when the camera is provided with the initial date/time value?

EXIF-Parameters read out with IrfanView:
Filename - YUN_0069.JPG
ImageDescription - DCIM\100P23HD\YUN_0069.
Make - YUNEEC
Model - ION L1 Pro
Orientation - Top left
XResolution - 72
YResolution - 72
ResolutionUnit - Inch
Software - 1.0.65_E
DateTime - 2013:12:01 00:06:57

The H480 camera gets the date/time from the ST16 via WiFi. If you want to have adequate time give some time to the ST16 to get enough data from the sky. The copter doesn't send time or date to the camera, just GPS position. Or, at least, I didn't find the specific message for this. I'd like to say one more time, this is true for CGO3+. Still didn't test another drone.

Try to wait a few minutes after power on the controller and after that, if you see good GPS coverage, power up the copter. Should help.

Reactions: DoomMeister
The H480 camera gets the date/time from the ST16 via WiFi. If you want to have adequate time give some time to the ST16 to get enough data from the sky. The copter doesn't send time or date to the camera, just GPS position. Or, at least, I didn't find the specific message for this. I'd like to say one more time, this is true for CGO3+. Still didn't test another drone.

Try to wait a few minutes after power on the controller and after that, if you see good GPS coverage, power up the copter. Should help.
This might be the reason for the wrong time stamp. Usually after poweron of the ST16s I only wait till the controller has finished booting and immediately switch on the H3. Obviously it's necessary to give the ST16s enough time for suffienced GPS coverage before powering on the copter.

Many thanks for your valuable advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech