Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Experimenting with music

Reaction score
Up to this point I haven't really put any video to regular songs, just downloaded short clips over videos, so I wanted to experiment with a full song. I play the drums and love Neil Peart so figured, what the heck it'd be fun to edit clips with Peart playing on a vertical horizon song. Alot of the clips are recycled and I've already used them but I'm low on videos until I can get out in the spring. These were on my computer for the last year.

Quality of the clips is pretty crappy because its difficult to speed up the clips to a high BPM song, makes them crazy shaky, but I was really just trying to pay attention to the song and getting used to matching the downbeat with a clip, this was my first foray into doing something like this for 4 minutes.

In the future I'm going to focus on the actual flying in advance, and at a faster rate, so itll be smooth when i do something like this again. I never had this in mind while I was taking these videos really

Anyway, Hope you enjoy it in spite of its many flaws.

Last edited:
Heres a thought, reverse the issue seeing as you play the drums ? Play the video on your TV, or whatever, and you play the drums to fit the scenes as they unfold to what ever song that fits the mood you want to portray ? As far as what you just posted do away with the lyrics, and I think it'll be better ? Sounds like a nice winter project, but you can still fly as well...

Heres a thought, reverse the issue seeing as you play the drums ? Play the video on your TV, or whatever, and you play the drums to fit the scenes as they unfold to what ever song that fits the mood you want to portray ? As far as what you just posted do away with the lyrics, and I think it'll be better ? Sounds like a nice winter project, but you can still fly as well...

That’s actually a pretty good idea.

Reactions: johnnyb57
One of the programs I use is Wondershare Filmora. In the Audio Mixer section Filmora provides a Beat Detection audio tool which marks audio beats automatically, making it easier to match your edit to your music.

That’s actually a pretty good idea.
It was just a thought as an easier way to achieve what your after ? Also I believe that can be accomplished using after effects, I just started playing with it I'll let you know when I know ???

One of the programs I use is Wondershare Filmora. In the Audio Mixer section Filmora provides a Beat Detection audio tool which marks audio beats automatically, making it easier to match your edit to your music.
Yea I use filmora for ease of use being its a small curve, now I'm playin with after effects, and envato for things ??? Oh did you drink with your barber, what were the results? did he ask you for a date ?

Ohhhh this would have been so helpful if I knew it existed, thanks so much

Just FYI....be careful, especially on YT, posting videos with commercial music in the background. Unless you have permission from the artist or label, it’s a Copyright Infringement. Most forums won’t let you post these videos, and YT will take it down and ding you...maybe even boot you off...

Believe me, man there’s ALOT of great music I’d love to use...I could think of a dozen Wes Montgomery tunes I could use right now! But artists, labels, YT and others take Copyright Infringement very seriously.

Just FYI....be careful, especially on YT, posting videos with commercial music in the background. Unless you have permission from the artist or label, it’s a Copyright Infringement. Most forums won’t let you post these videos, and YT will take it down and ding you...maybe even boot you off...

Believe me, man there’s ALOT of great music I’d love to use...I could think of a dozen Wes Montgomery tunes I could use right now! But artists, labels, YT and others take Copyright Infringement very seriously.

Wow, I wasn’t aware of that. Thank you, guess I’ll take it down.

Still have so much to learn.

99.9% of the time they just send you a email stating you cannot monetize the video and the reason is you are in Copyright Infringement but you are not in any kind of trouble as the owner has allowed you to use the song but they might run Ad's on it. I have many videos like that.
Now that Covid has become such a problem I find that even Youtube has not flagged any of my last 5 or 6 videos. I guess the Ai program is broken and no one is there to fix it. :)

Ok, I feel better now, I'm not monetizing it..

I'm always getting myself into trouble following rules, there's no point with this hobby if you can't do anything fun other than flying up 399 feet and panning the camera videoing trees while putting your own music in the background.
99.9% of the time they just send you a email stating you cannot monetize the video and the reason is you are in Copyright Infringement but you are not in any kind of trouble as the owner has allowed you to use the song but they might run Ad's on it. I have many videos like that.
Now that Covid has become such a problem I find that even Youtube has not flagged any of my last 5 or 6 videos. I guess the Ai program is broken and no one is there to fix it. :)

In regards to Youtube and copyrighted music, I have some experience ;) and it's not all good. :rolleyes:

I originally posted tutorials about motorcycles as I was building my business starting about 13 years ago. I found 'Royalty Free Music' and began to download songs that had a pace or feel I thought I would use for a given video. Long story short - over a period of years, the videos became very popular and started getting worldwide viewing and the view counts began to rise sharply- some have several hundred thousand views - not a lot by YT standards but enough to put my videos on the 'Radar'

One by one, each of those early videos began getting a copyright claim. Essentially, youtube wrote me and said 'someones claims their content is in your video, how do you plead' ? (I am paraphrasing) The deal is; I was told if copyright material is on my videos, I must admit to it and promise NOT to monitize the video in question. But the kicker is, the people who own the rights to the songs CAN and DO monitise my video:mad: as suggested above.

If you think about it this is really rotten but thats how it goes: Use someones' copyrighted material and you may end losing the rights to yours.

I quite using music that I did not have a license to use and have since sought to understand licensing a little better. :cool:

That said, to the original post; one of the things I have learned over many years of video production is that the 'Sound Track', whether it is music, dialogue or ambiance - IS as important, if not more so, than the actual visual composition.

Reactions: Done-guy
That said, to the original post; one of the things I have learned over many years of video production is that the 'Sound Track', whether it is music, dialogue or ambiance - IS as important, if not more so, than the actual visual composition.
Yup music makes all the difference.

In regards to Youtube and copyrighted music, I have some experience ;) and it's not all good. :rolleyes:

I originally posted tutorials about motorcycles as I was building my business starting about 13 years ago. I found 'Royalty Free Music' and began to download songs that had a pace or feel I thought I would use for a given video. Long story short - over a period of years, the videos became very popular and started getting worldwide viewing and the view counts began to rise sharply- some have several hundred thousand views - not a lot by YT standards but enough to put my videos on the 'Radar'

One by one, each of those early videos began getting a copyright claim. Essentially, youtube wrote me and said 'someones claims their content is in your video, how do you plead' ? (I am paraphrasing) The deal is; I was told if copyright material is on my videos, I must admit to it and promise NOT to monitize the video in question. But the kicker is, the people who own the rights to the songs CAN and DO monitise my video:mad: as suggested above.

If you think about it this is really rotten but thats how it goes: Use someones' copyrighted material and you may end losing the rights to yours.

I quite using music that I did not have a license to use and have since sought to understand licensing a little better. :cool:

Excellent info ty, thank you. I have no intention of monetizing my videos so I’m probably good, lol. I also don’t care if someone uses my videos. I’m just starting out so I don’t imagine anyone has much use for them with the quality they are. I have a long way to go before putting anything out that even resembles professional quality and I post them here for feedback so I can get better doing something I really enjoy at the moment.

Excellent info ty, thank you. I have no intention of monetizing my videos so I’m probably good, lol. I also don’t care if someone uses my videos. I’m just starting out so I don’t imagine anyone has much use for them with the quality they are. I have a long way to go before putting anything out that even resembles professional quality and I post them here for feedback so I can get better doing something I really enjoy at the moment.
If you wish to view drone videos from the professionals head over to airvus you'll be blown away, and you can enter your videos for cash awards, another one that blows me away is black hole sun light research (hope I got his name correct)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval