Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

External Antennas on new H Pro with Realsense??

Does anyone know whether the 2 external antennas are both 2.4Ghz or 1 is 2.4ghz and the other is 5.8Ghz? Because if the H has 4 Antennas once you pull out the inner 2 wouldn't it make sense that the H would also have 4 antennas? I definitely understand upgrading the antennas on the st16 and pulling out the other 2 so that instead of having a single antenna on each band that will both send and receive now you have one antenna for sending and one for receiving for both bands!! Thanks Tom C

Both antennas on the Typhoon h are 2.4 Ghz. The mod kit that Frank sells is basically two
2.4g 3dbi Wifi Antenna's that are connected to the 2.4 Ghz wifi. Not sure if the 3 dbi will give you better gain then the stock antennas but it should. The only 5.8 Ghz on the Typhoon H is the camera antenna that sits inside the camera. One small little Clove Leaf. To do a mod on that you have to remember the gimbal is 360 degree so the wire coming out of the camera will get in the way. The only mode I have seen for the camera that might work is this one. It is all done right on the gimbal allowing the camera to turn 360 degrees. It should work. Not sure though.

Reactions: abinder
Actually if you have an ST16 the left dipole antenna is 2.4. On the ST16+ both outide dipoles in that case are 2.4. The right is 5.8 video on ST16 which connects to the 5.8 on the H camera. On the ST16+ the middle patch antenna is a 5.8.

Actually if you have an ST16 the left dipole antenna is 2.4. On the ST16+ both outide dipoles in that case are 2.4. The right is 5.8 video on ST16 which connects to the 5.8 on the H camera. On the ST16+ the middle patch antenna is a 5.8.

I'm just curious. Is the ST16 with 3 external antennas officially called the ST16+ by Yuneec or is just what people are calling them? I just received my H Pro pack last week and my controller just say ST16 on it not ST16+ and I have the 3 antennas.

It was a term that caught on from people comparing the old with the new. Yuneec still calls it ST16

Drone On, I'm not looking to do the exterior antenna mod that Bo does yet. I'd like to transform my H to a Pro and see what advantages I can get over what I currently have. If you decide to do the Carolina Mod, I'll buy your pro tubes and extended antenna leads.
Since the antennas are already on the outside I'm not going to do the mod....sorry. I did order the 3 FPVLR antennas for the ST16 though..

Reactions: Hunter_Michael
Since the antennas are already on the outside I'm not going to do the mod....sorry. I did order the 3 FPVLR antennas for the ST16 though..

WOW
I can't believe how much he wants for his stuff. I dealt with him 2.5 years ago for antennas for my Q500 and they where garbage antennas. Needed boosters to get better range. He later upgraded his 5.* Ghz antenna which made it better but still not worth the price he wants for them.
The 2 half sphere helix 2.4GHz antennas I hope you know don't do anything special because of the two wire hanging 2.4 Ghz antennas on the H. They really are not meant to be used together. Better suited for a clover leaf type of antenna on the H.

All you need for the 2.4 Ghz antenna on the ST16 is one of these.
Way cheaper and just as good if not better.
High Gain Moxon Antenna 2.4Ghz - Best for FPV - RP-SMA

Ive heard really good reviews on those Antennas. I ended up buying a second stock dipole antenna for my ST16 and my telemetry is better than my video. I'm waiting for the Immersion Spironet 8dBi LHCP for my video. Got it from www.Banggood.com for $22 shipped, be here Friday but they are out of stock.

I didn't buy them from FPVLR because of the international shipping rate. I order them from a local dealer. Yes the 3 antenna kit is expensive but I spent a few days reading reviews and watched numerous test video's from different people on YouTube. All the reviews and test I've seen all said they really increased (at least doubled) the range and there was no video drop outs. They said build quality of the antennas was excellent. The tests I've seen were done using the H with the internal antennas. So I can only imagine the results will be even better for the H Realsense Pro Pack because of the external antennas. At least thats what I'm hoping for anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss