Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

External monitor plugged into ST16

Reaction score
Hello all. Now that my other problem has been resolved, I'm back for more advice. Looked in the "how to" section and didn't find anything. A Google search showed threads from 2016, but the impression I get is they were for an older version of the controller. Am looking to attach external monitor to the ST16 HDMI port so I can share the video with the client. Many times the real estate agent or the marketing rep wants to see what I'm seeing. Time was, I just loaded the other brand app on their cell phone and they could watch that way. There are many good monitors advertised that are connecting with 6 ft HDMI cables, but I keep reading older posts about the ST16 going blank while connected to and external and double clicking the screen only brings it back for a few seconds. Is that still an issue? From what I read the older ST16 versions with rubberized switches were having the problem and the newer metal/chrome switch models were not. Anybody have any history with using an external monitor with the ST16, and what issues I might run into? Thanks.

I was not aware of any differences between versions of the ST16. I have used a monitor on several and it seems to work on them all.
Ok, so basically I plug the HDMI cable to the output of the ST16 and to the input of the monitor (I'm talking 5" handheld Canon Camera battery powered model) and I'm not going tro experience these glitches that there are tons of forum comments and complaints about? As I said, most are dated 2016, so they all may be moot by now, what with firmware and software updates that (hopefully) addressed the problems they refer to.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I would certainly give it a try. I used a 10.1" Feelworld 1080p monitor that I picked up used. The first time I used it was 2 yrs ago.

Reactions: rdonson
Anybody have any history with using an external monitor with the ST16, and what issues I might run into?

I have used the Yuneec Skyview Goggles as well as the Fatshark HD3 and a large TV screen in combination with the ST16 and did not encounter any problems. The ST16 screen is copied without any abnormalities. I tried both versions of the ST16. The older version with two antennas and a newer one with three. Both behaved exactly the same.

I have not seen any version with ruberised switches so far, so I have no idea if they behave differently.

Ok, so basically I plug the HDMI cable to the output of the ST16 and to the input of the monitor (I'm talking 5" handheld Canon Camera battery powered model) and I'm not going tro experience these glitches that there are tons of forum comments and complaints about? As I said, most are dated 2016, so they all may be moot by now, what with firmware and software updates that (hopefully) addressed the problems they refer to.

One would think one could test this without actually flying, minimizing risk left alone effort.

Have any monitor/tv with an hdmi connection? Hook it up to your ST16 and see what happens. Put the ST16 through its paces by going through the various menu options and utilities. Could even try the Yuneec UAV simulator if you have one.

Since this sounds like you are in a business operation, pony up for the sim if you don’t already have it. Definitely worth the price if it can confirm or expose any issues you might encounter in front of a client.

Good luck!

Jeff

I have tested a setup using an HDMI to VGA adapter into an old computer monitor which worked well.

It’s a very simple arrangement, HDMI to HDMI always works with two exceptions.
1) the monitor is not compatible.
2) the monitor lacks it’s own power supply.

Note: every time I’ve used a monitor I’ve noted a faster battery depletion at the ST-16. Meaning it takes additional power to move data through the cable.

I would certainly give it a try. I used a 10.1" Feelworld 1080p monitor that I picked up used. The first time I used it was 2 yrs ago.

I bought that same model for my H back in 2016/2017 and had some difficulties getting a consistent result regardless of type of HDMI cable. I am now using the same monitor on the ST-16s and it works flawlessly but I am considering the Feelworld 7" UltraHell version with external battery option as the 10" runs out of power rather quickly and requires external powersource and the UltraHell has a much better NIT value for those sunny days :)

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval