Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA 107

Reaction score
Here is an excerpt from FAA 107.

§ 107.19 Responsibility of the operator.

(a) The operator is directly responsible for, and is the final authority as to the operation of the small unmanned aircraft system.

(b) The operator must ensure that the small unmanned aircraft will pose no undue hazard to other aircraft, people, or property in the event of a loss of control of the aircraft for any reason.

How can a pilot ensure that his drone wont hurt any person, other aircraft or property if he looses control of the aircraft? If you have a fly away....you lost control and no telling what is going to happen.

Reactions: DroneClone
Here is an excerpt from FAA 107.

§:rolleyes: 107.19 Responsibility of the operator.

(a) The operator is directly responsible for, and is the final authority as to the operation of the small unmanned aircraft system.

(b) The operator must ensure that the small unmanned aircraft will pose no undue hazard to other aircraft, people, or property in the event of a loss of control of the aircraft for any reason.

How can a pilot ensure that his drone wont hurt any person, other aircraft or property if he looses control of the aircraft? If you have a fly away....you lost control and no telling what is going to happen.
It's call a "Controlled Stop" Hit the RED button and stop and drop it in a safe place before it gets to far out of control. I have had to do one on my P3, If I didn't it would have went into a farm house.:eek:

Reactions: BillyTexas
So of you have a fly away you still uave connection to stop the props?

Bill W.
Most, but not all the time, you still need controller/H connection, but "IF" you are flying LOS, you would mostly have it. It's not a fail safe option always, but another link in the risk factor of flying safely! My P3 went wildly out of control after 10 months of perfect service. Could not raise/lower, steer. It just screamed from 300 feet towards a farmhouse 1/2 mile away. Saw it like a shooting star head for the house, after all failed, I pulled the sticks both down and in (CSC) and dropped her about 200 feet from their back door!:eek:

Most, but not all the time, you still need controller/H connection, but "IF" you are flying LOS, you would mostly have it. It's not a fail safe option always, but another link in the risk factor of flying safely! My P3 went wildly out of control after 10 months of perfect service. Could not raise/lower, steer. It just screamed from 300 feet towards a farmhouse 1/2 mile away. Saw it like a shooting star head for the house, after all failed, I pulled the sticks both down and in (CSC) and dropped her about 200 feet from their back door!:eek:
Wow! How much damage?

Bill W.

Wow! How much damage?

Bill W.
The flight log registered that it maxed out at 58 mph! Mind you, this is a P3 Pro. Even the P 4 in sports mode would have lost that race!. I was somewhat surprised when I tracked her down that she was not in a zillion pieces. All props broken, one motor arm cracked, but not off. gimbal and camera where hanging by the wires and a couple ripped off. Most damage was caused by the Lipo catching fire. When I got to her, the Lipo was still inside the P 3 but smoking and literal flames blowing out her *** end ! ( She definetly had a Hot ***) LOL ! melted the *** end of the P3 and Lipo together!

The flight log registered that it maxed out at 58 mph! Mind you, this is a P3 Pro. Even the P 4 in sports mode would have lost that race!. I was somewhat surprised when I tracked her down that she was not in a zillion pieces. All props broken, one motor arm cracked, but not off. gimbal and camera where hanging by the wires and a couple ripped off. Most damage was caused by the Lipo catching fire. When I got to her, the Lipo was still inside the P 3 but smoking and literal flames blowing out her *** end ! ( She definetly had a Hot ***) LOL ! melted the *** end of the P3 and Lipo together!
Wow....did dji make amends? I would imagine it was some fault with the aircraft.

Bill W.

Wow....did dji make amends? I would imagine it was some fault with the aircraft.

Bill W.
Yes, had two months left on warranty, they literally gave me a new one, took a month to get it! They wanted to keep my P3 to do an autopsy on her, told me the Main Flight Control Module went bad and locked her into a death mode!
They used the bad module for the plans to add into the P 4 to get Sports Mode! LOL ! Just BS ing:rolleyes:

Yes, had two months left on warranty, they literally gave me a new one, took a month to get it! They wanted to keep my P3 to do an autopsy on her, told me the Main Flight Control Module went bad and locked her into a death mode!
They used the bad module for the plans to add into the P 4 to get Sports Mode! LOL ! Just BS ing:rolleyes:
I uave a friend in Austin and he was flying over a lake and it dropped out of the sky and SPLASH! It took him awhile but he got a new one. He recovered the old one and got it working mostly. I think he was gonna use it for parts or a backup...not sure.

Bill W.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval