Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA Part 107 Rule Changes re: Showing RPIC to LEO etc. . .

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This is for Part 107 Operations ONLY right now . . . (Recreational your day is coming in just a couple of months)

Specifically in regards to WHO you must legally show your ID and Part 107 Credentials to:
Up until 4/21/21 a RPIC is only required to show their RPIC Certificate to FAA Officials requesting it. This changes with the New Rules for Part 107 that were created December 28th 2020, added to the Federal Register on March 16th 2021, and will go into Full Force/Effect on April 21st, 2021. As of 4/21/21 you will be required to provide a Hard Copy (electronic version is NOT accepted, PHYSICAL COPY REQUIRED) of ID, RPIC, Proof of Currency, Registration, and any other "required FAA Documents" upon any request from someone with the following agencies:

• FAA
  • NTSB
  • TSA
  • and any Federal, state, or local Law Enforcement Officer

This includes your ID, RPIC, Proof of Recurrency, Aircraft Registration, and any other "Document, Record, or Report Required to be kept under FAA regulations"!! This means a physical copy (plastic/paper) and not merely an electronic version on your phone/tablet etc. A Physical Copy must be shown if requested by those agencies! If you do not comply you are not in compliance with Part 107.

Here is the actual wording from the Executive Summary about this topic (notice it's all of the items below not pick & choose):

Inspection, testing, and demonstration of compliance
A remote pilot in command, owner, or person manipulating the flight controls of a small unmanned aircraft system must:
  • • Have in that person’s physical possession and readily accessible the remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating and identification when exercising the privileges of that remote pilot certificate.
  • • Present his or her remote pilot certificate and identification upon a request from the FAA, NTSB, TSA, or any Federal, state, or local law enforcement officer.
  • • Make available, upon request, to the FAA any document, record, or report required to be kept under FAA regulations.
  • • Upon request, must allow the FAA to test or inspect the small unmanned aircraft system, the remote pilot in command, the person manipulating the flight controls of a small unmanned aircraft system, and, if applicable, the visual observer to determine compliance with the rule.

If you are flying under a Recurrency (anyone who isn't in their first 24 months of UAS operation are the only ones who would be) you have to have a printed copy of your most recent Proof of Currency with you. That's a print out of your FAA Document showing satisfactory completion of the Recurrency Test/Training. You should also have your plastic RPIC on hand as well IMHO.

Here is a link to the Executive Summary which includes OOP, Night Flight w/o Waiver and the other new aspects of Part 107 going into effect later this month:

So where’s the best place for me to begin to get all these licenses to fly, cause there is no more recreational droning coming in days, correct

This is for Part 107 Operations ONLY right now . . . (Recreational your day is coming in just a couple of months), That’s why , what’s up with that

The knowledge test is on its way and most likely we will have to carry a hard copy of our registration (I have done this all along, so no big deal) and present it on demand to government officials mentioned above if requested. It is nothing more than showing your ID to a law officer when requested.

This is for Part 107 Operations ONLY right now . . . (Recreational your day is coming in just a couple of months), That’s why , what’s up with that

I was just eluding to the soon to be LIVE "The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST)".

From the FAA website:

TRUST will provide recreational drone flyers with information on best practices and educational resources to ensure safe drone operations.

The test was developed with input from the drone community in response to requirements included in the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018 (PDF) that required development of a test to demonstrate a recreational flyer's understanding of aeronautical safety knowledge and rules for operating unmanned aircraft.

As drones become more popular and accessible, the FAA is committed to ensuring that the public is aware of regulations and how to operate safely in the nation’s airspace.

This requirement "should" go LIVE some time in June of this year and it fulfills #7 in ~44809

(a) IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in subsection (e), and notwithstanding chapter 447 of title 49, United States Code, a person may operate a small unmanned aircraft without specific certification or operating authority from the Federal Aviation Administration if the operation adheres to all of the following limitations:

(1) The aircraft is flown strictly for recreational purposes.

(2) The aircraft is operated in accordance with or within the programming of a community-based organization’s set of safety guidelines that are developed in coordination with the Federal Aviation Administration.

(3) The aircraft is flown within the visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft or a visual observer colocated and in direct communication with the operator.

(4) The aircraft is operated in a manner that does not interfere with and gives way to any manned aircraft.

(5) In Class B, Class C, or Class D airspace or within the lateral boundaries of the surface area of Class E airspace designated for an airport, the operator obtains prior authorization from the Administrator or designee before operating and complies with all airspace restrictions and prohibitions.

(6) In Class G airspace, the aircraft is flown from the surface to not more than 400 feet above ground level and complies with all airspace restrictions and prohibitions.

(7) The operator has passed an aeronautical knowledge and safety test described in subsection (g) and maintains proof of test passage to be made available to the Administrator or law enforcement upon request.

(8) The aircraft is registered and marked in accordance with chapter 441 of this title and proof of registration is made available to the Administrator or a designee of the Administrator or law enforcement upon request.

Reactions: rchrdbarnard2
The FAA becoming just like every other gov't agency. Common sense and decency will no longer be part of the equation. The gov't always thinks making more rules will stop those that act nefariously. Writing more gun rules will not stop criminals from being criminals. Since gov't has created rules that will eliminate bad flying then we shouldn't have to worry about any issues arising.

Reactions: Sully53
The FAA becoming just like every other gov't agency. Common sense and decency will no longer be part of the equation. The gov't always thinks making more rules will stop those that act nefariously. Writing more gun rules will not stop criminals from being criminals. Since gov't has created rules that will eliminate bad flying then we shouldn't have to worry about any issues arising.
I don't think that, it is too much to ask, that recreational sUAS pilots know the rules of the NAS.

Reactions: BigAl07
I don't think that, it is too much to ask, that recreational sUAS pilots know the rules of the NAS.
^^^ Nailed it!! Very well said.

Ironically, it's Recreational Operators who most often fly outside of the Regulations and often claim "ignorance of the regulations". It's a brilliant idea to expect all UAS operations to have at least a crudely fundamental understanding of the Rules concerning the National Airspace System.

Mr Reagan said it best "We're from the government and we're here to help".

It isn't to much to ask. The government will never write enough rules to get those that aren't willing or smart enough to follow the rules. You can't legislate stupidity or intelligence.

It isn't to much to ask. The government will never write enough rules to get those that aren't willing or smart enough to follow the rules. You can't legislate stupidity or intelligence.

so you think we should have NO rules?

Granted we all know that rules won't stop those who are determined to do as they wish but rules do a good job keeping the honest/moral people on the right track.

Reactions: rchrdbarnard2
Sorry but you're going down a rabbit hole of nonsense.

Last week I took my Typhoon H for its last flight. There are no RID modules under $200, Where are the modules? The Yuneec pilot forums have gone almost quiet other than peeps trying to sell their hexacopters. This is a law that seperates Rich from Poor. I dont even know if I can legally sell it to buy a mini or something and if I can Im sure theres not much of a market for a large heavy hexacopter. HEY! BEZOS! send me an RID module! This is your Law, Help people out!

Its been 4 or 5 years since I got my TRUST certificate and registration. Ive been through 3 computers since then and a Ransomware attack that encrypted all my files. How do I replace these? And If You give me an electronic copy of my registration then You should accept an electronic copy or You shoud mail out laminated copies

Its been 4 or 5 years since I got my TRUST certificate and registration. Ive been through 3 computers since then and a Ransomware attack that encrypted all my files. How do I replace these? And If You give me an electronic copy of my registration then You should accept an electronic copy or You shoud mail out laminated copies
Just take it again.

Reactions: 7cyclops

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots