Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA PSA FOR SUPERBOWL

Reaction score
Interesting to see an actual FAA ad for TV! At least we can say, they have noticed the hobby enough to go "Hollywood." I was a pilot for many years for Northwest Airlines and never once saw a public service ad for the general public. Times are changing.

The main reason why times are changing is the fact in how easy it is to fly a drone. Take a heli, or an airplane for an example. They don't fly, let alone hover on their own.

I don't see a bright future for recreational drones.. :( With the increasing No-Drone Zone's popping up, eventually you will only have the option to fly on your property. I am exaggerating a bit, but not by much.. I hope I'm wrong.

The main reason why times are changing is the fact in how easy it is to fly a drone. Take a heli, or an airplane for an example. They don't fly, let alone hover on their own.

I don't see a bright future for recreational drones.. :( With the increasing No-Drone Zone's popping up, eventually you will only have the option to fly on your property. I am exaggerating a bit, but not by much.. I hope I'm wrong.

Last night I chatted with someone on my FB page who actually got busted by the FAA! They are now going thru Youtube and citing people flying illegally! Yikes! I have to say, he had it coming because he was breaking every regulation in the book! Flying over big crowds and buzzing a bird sanctuary. He also didn't register his drone so double whammy for him. Be warned. Think twice before sharing your lovely flight videos online. Youtube can turn over your personal data/address etc. to any law enforcement agency if it is in violation of FAA or local regulations!

I will continue to enjoy the hobby and fly safely but with always an eye over my shoulder. I'm sure after the 1st bad accident that either injures or kills someone....drones will have a bleak future for all of us. I hope I'm wrong.:(

I will continue to enjoy the hobby and fly safely but with always an eye over my shoulder. I'm sure after the 1st bad accident that either injures or kills someone....drones will have a bleak future for all of us. :(

Likewise, and I am fearing when the bad accident happens, what's to follow regarding our hobby.. I am fine if FAA puts tighter control (More certifications) over recreational drone flying. That might be one of the ways to weed out the 'problem makers'.

All of this is new for everyone, including the FAA. I hope they will work on a solution that will protect our rights.

I was told about a year ago by a local FAA inspector that at hat time they had to see you do something wrong to site you and couldn't use videos online

Maybe you should all walk to the game wrapped in bubble wrap, cars are far more dangerous than drones. No smoking as well of course, oh and no beer, that is bad for you too.

Speaking about drones and SuperBowl! The drone show by Intel was very cool!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight