Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA registration

Reaction score
Quick question for anybody that knows. I registered my first drone about 8 months ago and since then I have bought 2 more, a Mantis Q and now the Q500 4k. I know I read back then that I could use my same FAA number on all my drones but do I need to go back to the the FAA web site and register the other 2 drones or can I just apply my number to the outside of the 2 newer ones and be in compliance ?
Thanks !

If you registered as a hobbyist, you use the same FAA number for all drones. But if you have a part 107 and want to use them under your 107 each drone needs to be registered individually.

I have both a hobbyist and 107 certificate, 2 drones are individually registered, the rest I use recreationally.

Thanks so much for your quick response.
I thought that was the case but wanted to make sure. I am thinking very hard about going for the 107 but haven't made up my mind yet. I need to do a little homework on what is required and what the cost would be.
Thanks again !!

The cost is $150, and it does open up a lot of airspace that you no longer need to do notifications for. If you are good at studying, it's not too hard. I used a study guide that I read cover to cover and watched a few good YouTube review videos and easily passed my first time.

Reactions: AlgebraMan
Don't mind studying at all !
I have been offered a couple of different times to do some videos for money and of course I had to turn them down because I don't have the 107 yet which is why I am thinking very hard about getting it. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your study guide ?

I paid the $47.00 back in aug. and recieved an email from th FAA, sent my pic they said all set but they dont answer the phone or emails still havnt recieved anything ?

I paid the $47.00 back in aug. and recieved an email from th FAA, sent my pic they said all set but they dont answer the phone or emails still havnt recieved anything ?
Paid $47 for what? Drone registration is $5, FAA test is $150.

I believe it was a company outside of the FAA, where they send you the numbers with a picture ID, but I did get an email from the FAA ?
I read early on to watch out for those. There is one site only for registering as a hobbyist and your aircraft if you are certified. And testing fees are paid directly at the testing center. You were likely screwed out of everything past the $5 fee.

And the FAA doesnt send a photo ID. Registrations are just printed and the card for certificates doesnt have a photo.

And the FAA doesnt send a photo ID. Registrations are just printed and the card for certificates doesnt have a photo.
I already contacted my credit card company,they want me to send a letter I tried doing it over the phone, but they need a letter ?

I already contacted my credit card company,they want me to send a letter I tried doing it over the phone, but they need a letter ?
Each credit card company can be different, I've disputed many charges before and never needed one. But in this case I would simply state that charge x is fraudulently claiming to be working with the FAA and handling drone certifications and registrations. The FAA has come out publicly stating that FAADroneZone is the only legitimate registration site, so company x is taking advantage of consumers.

Or something along those lines.

Each credit card company can be different, I've disputed many charges before and never needed one. But in this case I would simply state that charge x is fraudulently claiming to be working with the FAA and handling drone certifications and registrations. The FAA has come out publicly stating that FAADroneZone is the only legitimate registration site, so company x is taking advantage of consumers.

Or something along those lines.
I love the fact that its an american bank, when you call it says press 1 for english then your agent barely speaks english, after complaining this they hang up > So I with held my payment and called back a couple of days later stated my problem, then was transfered to an agent that spoke fluent english with the same responce ? Today I called again, just waiting for the agents call back ? I had a problem on another card before and everything was done over the phone which was credited back to my account ?

I do remember reports of fake registration sites and places claiming to help you with registration for a fee. So I doubt your experience is the only one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis