Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA Remote ID for H520/H520E

No one has heard much if anything out of Yuneec for, at least a couple of years. This is the first positive news I've heard. We will have to wait and see what the FAA does. I'm not sure how they (FAA) are going the handle software upgrades, and I don't think they really are either.

if the compliance with faa remote id matches what yuneec states h520 and h520e may become aircraft that can do beyond visual line of sight operations.

there are 2 levels to remote id. one full which leaves open the ability for bvlos which is full compliance. then there is standard the 2nd level where a module that is retro fitted by end user that is limited to line of sight operations. looks like h520e and h520e rtk must be sent in to the aircraft maker for remote id compliance upgrades.

there are 2 levels to remote id. one full which leaves open the ability for bvlos which is full compliance. then there is standard the 2nd level where a module that is retro fitted by end user that is limited to line of sight operations. looks like h520e and h520e rtk must be sent in to the aircraft maker for remote id compliance upgrades.

I guess you are right that module based remote ID does explicitly exclude any BVLOS which I guess would make it impossible to get a waiver, but I haven't seen anything that makes me think that the BLVOS waiver process is going to get any easier for any other type of drone. That seems to me to pretty much make BVLOS for big business use only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi