Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Factory Test Flight Left on SD Card

Reaction score
Well, glad to see they flew it for a good test flight. Looks like they did a couple before popping it in the box.

Found them after uploading the telemetry data to drone log book.

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 22.40.17.png

Well, glad to see they flew it for a good test flight. Looks like they did a couple before popping it in the box.

View attachment 740
I would send it back and demand a new one. I don't buy anything second hand. I went in to pick up a new car once and as I pulled into the dealer I saw a car like mine being driven away with a couple in it and the dealers plates. The sales rep said, they are just going for a ride in your car. I said,
" not in my car" I came to get a new one. I went and bought a new Mercedes.

Lol, no wonder I had so many flight logs when I pulled them! Thanks for that site you mentioned, I tried a different site and had no success.

I would send it back and demand a new one. I don't buy anything second hand. I went in to pick up a new car once and as I pulled into the dealer I saw a car like mine being driven away with a couple in it and the dealers plates. The sales rep said, they are just going for a ride in your car. I said,
" not in my car" I came to get a new one. I went and bought a new Mercedes.
Tests in the factory are necesssary, this is responsible for customers.

Tests in the factory are necesssary, this is responsible for customers.
i understand if thats what it was. I just wouldn't like to the k that someone had taken it for a test drive.

Lol, no wonder I had so many flight logs when I pulled them! Thanks for that site you mentioned, I tried a different site and had no success.

I was thinking the logs might have been transferred to all controllers from a base image so it would be interesting to compare your first couple of logs and see if one of them match the above. This one was on the 7th May.

What do you mean by this? Can you explain how you did this please?

I would send it back and demand a new one. I don't buy anything second hand.
Settle down son. It's been fairly common knowledge for several weeks now that Yuneec was going to test fly every single production unit before shipping out to distributors. What's more, AFAIK most dists. have been test flying each unit as well before shipping off to the end user.

What do you mean by this? Can you explain how you did this please?

Sure.

• Yuneec_usa posted how to access the telemetry data over here How to access Telemetry Data on ST16
  • I followed the instructions using the SD Card from the camera in the bottom of the ST-16 (the slot is not very well made so the card snags, but with patience you can get it in there)
  • With the telemetry folder on the SD Card I used my computer to upload them to www.dronelogbook.com

Thats pretty much it. Drone log book requires a bit of setup e.g. you have to add a drone, and its geared towards professional use so asks for you to create locations and projects. But you can upload them all under a generic location.

The only other shame is the ST-16 logs telemetry data even when the motors aren't running so if you have tested various things at home you'll see a lot of logs with it just sitting on your desk or table. I think its a shame as deleting flights once in drone log book is a bit slow, I have not found a batch delete and had to delete 20+ individually earlier.

Last edited:
Sure.

• Yuneec_usa posted how to access the telemetry data over here How to access Telemetry Data on ST16
  • I followed the instructions using the SD Card from the camera in the bottom of the ST-16 (the slot is not very well made so the card snags, but with patience you can get it in there)
  • With the telemetry folder on the SD Card I used my computer to upload them to www.dronelogbook.com

Thats pretty much it. Drone log book requires a bit of setup e.g. you have to add a drone, and its geared towards professional use so asks for you to create locations and projects. But you can upload them all under a generic location.

The only other shame is the ST-16 logs telemetry data even when the motors aren't running so if you have tested various things at home you'll see a lot of logs with it just sitting on your desk or table.
Ok, gotcha. Thank you for giving me the 1-2-3 on that.

No problem.

They were very thorough as Yuneec Europe also flew it.

Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 11.55.54.png

I'm actually quite happy they were this thorough, better to receive a working product than a broken one.

I also did a project for Honda Manufacturing a few years back and I hate to say it for the new car owners out there but car manufacturers drive their cars along a test track when completed. Honda's site was on an old airfield and it was great watching their Type R being driven at speed on the test track.

No problem.

They were very thorough as Yuneec Europe also flew it.
I'm actually quite happy they were this thorough, better to receive a working product than a broken one.

I also did a project for Honda Manufacturing a few years back and I hate to say it for the new car owners out there but car manufacturers drive their cars along a test track when completed. Honda's site was on an old airfield and it was great watching their Type R being driven at speed on the test track.
Understood. The Yuneec dist. I am buying from here in Spain (they've told me June 3rd....remains to be seen) has said exactly the same thing. They are testing each and every Typhoon-H they have in stock or will have in stock before delivery to the end user. This of course includes a test flight or flights. I see this as a HUGE plus IMHO.

Understood. The Yuneec dist. I am buying from here in Spain (they've told me June 3rd....remains to be seen) has said exactly the same thing. They are testing each and every Typhoon-H they have in stock or will have in stock before delivery to the end user. This of course includes a test flight or flights. I see this as a HUGE plus IMHO.
I agree with that. I wasting the idea that it had been shipped to a customer that returned it and was being shipped again as new. I dont buy second hand. I believe in the states you can do that. .... In Australia, once you buy, thats it. no returns unless of course its no good and then it gets repaired anyway. It wouldn't be expected to get a new replacement.

Which was driven at Mercedes, at the port onto the boat, again off the boat, onto the transporter, off the transporter and by the dealer to set the OBD codes. Get over yourself oh and your sig, it's a hilariously bad attempt to get attention and look like you know what you are talking about.
As I said in previous post, if it was just the factory driving the car its ok. I was talking about someone taking it for a test drive. Im sorry you are upset about my signature. I can assure you that i know what Im talking about in my business. I have been in the tv production industry for 21 years and produced over 2300 commercials the last ten years. I have an income you would only dream of. Keep your snotty remarks to yourself. Just be happy with your lot and leave the jealousy behind.

Thats nice I'm been in the television industry for 36 years done more commercials won all sorts of awards and do the highly rated shows that people talk about (#1 on showtime, #1 on HBO #1 on ABC and #1 on NBC concurrently) your income would probably just cover my taxes... Thanks for playing. I took delivery of My AMG at Sindelfingen when I was in Europe speaking at IBC and cinec. I'll be doing that again this year with another AMG. Once I'm done with the delivery I will fly my PC-12 back to the states. (I'm a commercially rated pilot with just under 10,000 hours makes it easy for me to do that) I'm not jealousy because there is nothing to be jealous about
Good for you. Now go about your day.

I don't think we were far off people posting their bank balances ;-) Either way I am excited to see the results of you both flying the Typhoon H as we have a couple of film makers in our midsts.

Now, anyone else find their Typhoons test flights on the controller or SD card?

I don't think we were far off people posting their bank balances ;-) Either way I am excited to see the results of you both flying the Typhoon H as we have a couple of film makers in our midsts.

Now, anyone else find their Typhoons test flights on the controller or SD card?
Im interested in the Tornado to replace my Inspire 1 Pro. I have to wait till we get one to look at in Australia.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval