Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Failure to initialize and motors don't run. GUI check indicates Speed Controller failure.

Reaction score
When my Typhoon H is started it emits 3 beeps and 3 red lights per second which indicates an initialization failure. I hooked it up to the GUI and it indicates a Speed Controller failure. I enabled testing on the motors and none of them ran.

Speed Controller(ESC) - Failed.JPG

All 6 props were damaged when attempting to get the drone on to the ground because the winds had severely picked up. A gust of wind flipped the drone and it landed upside down in a flower bed. The propellers and 5 of the 6 arm latch clips were broken.

The motors spin by hand and provide minimal resistance.

How do you fix this? Does the ESC board need to be replaced or just the 6 motor fuses?

Mrgs1

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Must of been a tremendous gust to flip it over onto the ground.

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The fuses would be a good starting point. Check with @Steve Carr for more info on this job. I’m quite certain he has info and photos that will be helpful.

Mrgs1

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I remember reading this. The fuses are quite difficult to get to? Steve Carr will hopefully get you sorted.

Reaction score
It had actually landed, sort of. Only the very back part of the landing gear was in contact with the ground. I was applying full downward force in an attempt to get it all the way down and that wasn't working.

There was actually a serious thunderstorm coming into the area which had caused the winds to pick up which made me decide that it was time to land. Much to my embarrassment I had heard the weather forecast and thought I could get the video footage I needed shot before the storm hit. I let my ego get in the way and the results were fairly tragic.

Reaction score
It is hard to believe all 6 fuses blow up at the same time. It will be wired never see something like that. You can check them with a multimeter anyway.

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
It is hard to believe all 6 fuses blow up at the same time. It will be wired never see something like that. You can check them with a multimeter anyway.
I'm not certain all six are blown. It might be another component of the board that is blown. We won't know until @HokieDrone replies back with his results.

Reaction score
It could be the Main control board. I throw away all the bad ones but I remember I have this problem a long time ago I was able to connect to the GUI but I can't check the motors for spinning. Maybe I am wrong. It was better if I kept one for testing.

FlushVision

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
It doesn't take too much to flip a TH if conditions are right (or wrong depending on how you look at it). The crucial point is if that gust hits the aircraft at the time that it is just settling on to the ground before the props start winding down. But I admit, it would still take a fairly good gust to tip it over.

This is a prime example of the merits in hand catching a drone. Not everyone sees hand catching as a safe practice...not by a long shot, but if done with care and consideration it can be done safely. I used to almost exclusively ground land my TH but I now more often than not hand catch it especially if there is a good breeze or if the ground around me is rough or dusty.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geefree1971