Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fallen angel

Reaction score
What does anyone know about the just falling from its altitude 259 feet up,and crash and burn.i am a skilled pilot that my h just smashed to the ground,I am careful .

Oh man, Sorry for your loss!!! Give us all some more information like battery level, temp., #of prev. flights, telemetry data and of course the funeral information....

Reactions: rory
What does anyone know about the just falling from its altitude 259 feet up,and crash and burn.i am a skilled pilot that my h just smashed to the ground,I am careful .
Rory, let me guess that the battery wasn't 100% latched into the H. Did it fall out when you crashed?

Rory, let me guess that the battery wasn't 100% latched into the H. Did it fall out when you crashed?
Thanks for trying,but it was.i was going 52mph across the sky and it just fell when I tried to bring it back.straight down.totalled....been trying to get a new one, because I have the st16 and extra accessories,that I can't use.it was crashed by friend and I worked on it for 3 weeks.cost me. A bunch.new gimbal,2 broken arms.thanks for the concern.it was much appreciated.[emoji41]

I don't know all that.i always insert the battery snug.i don't know.i laid her to Rest.trying to get another,but can't shell out dough right now.thanks .You guys are top gun!!!

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Sadly, many new owners have missed the battery latch click. Even some older pilots like me. I'm never satisfied to make a mistake just once so I've done it twice.

Thanks for trying,but it was.i was going 52mph across the sky and it just fell when I tried to bring it back.straight down.totalled....been trying to get a new one, because I have the st16 and extra accessories,that I can't use.it was crashed by friend and I worked on it for 3 weeks.cost me. A bunch.new gimbal,2 broken arms.thanks for the concern.it was much appreciated.[emoji41]
Going at 52 MPH would have put a massive drain on the battery and it could have become critical very quickly particularly if it wasn't a warm day or the 52 MPH flight was done later in the flight at a time when the battery had already become partially depleted. Apart from the possibility of a not 'clicked in' battery, what I have said above could be a plausible explanation.

For a less-expensive replacement, have you contacted Yuneec to see if they have any Bind-N-Fly (BNF) units in stock? Some options may be available such as: H Only, H + Battery, H+Battery+Camera, all reasonably priced. At least they were this time last year. Note: Controller NOT included, hence the Bind (to existing controller) aNd Fly.

Worth a shot to see if they have something in whatever price range you want to handle. You already know the other options, I presume.

Good luck.

Jeff

The exact same thing happened to me the third time I flew mine. Steve looked at my telemetry files and found nothing and I am still waiting for Yuneec to reply to my multiple emails. I sent them my telemetry files and they said a review would take 5-7 business days and they would get back to me but I haven't heard anything. I have called twice and sent several emails. It has been months since this happened.

On mine it appeared there was a glitch in the ST16 everything froze on it and the image stayed the same nothing would work and then my granddaughter said papaw look its falling. (Yup she was right).

The exact same thing happened to me the third time I flew mine. On mine it appeared there was a glitch in the ST16 everything froze on it and the image stayed the same nothing would work and then my granddaughter said papaw look its falling. (Yup she was right).
Concerning your issue, generally, loss of connection with the ST16 does not cause the TH to fall from the sky. It should return to the last known coordinates of the ST16 and hover until battery is low and then land autonomously. I had this experience a couple of times although when it got close enough, I was able to regain control. For the TH to fall from the sky is either a serious malfunction or a disconnected battery, as discussed above. The loose battery is the most likely cause.

Concerning your issue, generally, loss of connection with the ST16 does not cause the TH to fall from the sky. It should return to the last known coordinates of the ST16 and hover until battery is low and then land autonomously. I had this experience a couple of times although when it got close enough, I was able to regain control. For the TH to fall from the sky is either a serious malfunction or a disconnected battery, as discussed above. The loose battery is the most likely cause.
I think it was running on 4 rotors,2 of my arms were pr3v broken so I used nylon string and I bet it came loose.

I think it was running on 4 rotors,2 of my arms were pr3v broken so I used nylon string and I bet it came loose.
Well, there's your problem!
I can't imagine how nylon string could hold rotor arms securely enough for stable flight. They need to be rigidly locked in place. One motor out of commission is survivable but two out is unlikely to survive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aicyberwatch