Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Faulty battery.

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this?

I had a crash the other week due to a faulty battery. When I recovered my drone and got it working again. I tried the battery that it crashed with and the same happened. Lucky enough I was only test what I thought. What happens was the battery went from 15.5 - 0 volts in a second it lost control and went off by its self. After getting it back the battery was 15.5 again. So decided try a different battery I have 5. That one went ok. Then 2nd was ok. So I charged the duff battery and same thing losses it's volts reading full to empty in a second and back up. Also I not use the middle of the battery is raised. Not sure if it's ment be like that.

On plus note. My home made batter lasted for 30 minutes till I got my first reduce hight to 60 meters.
eba442d89c9a45cf164afaf4536f5913.jpg

Sounds like it's a bad battery. Don't use it. Swelling is not good. It usually means the battery is going bad.

<snip>.... Also I not use the middle of the battery is raised. Not sure if it's ment be like that.
A swollen battery is an unpredictable battery and, for safety, should be disposed of. Swollen batteries can do things like you describe. They can also be unfriendly by burning your house down while charging it in a worst case situation.

Some people are reluctant to dispose of a swollen battery but I would have no hesitation. If you decide not to dispose of it, then at least never use it for a flight again just keeping it for calibrations, etc, and keep a very close eye on it when charging. That all said, get rid of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop