Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Feds Finalize Li-Po Air Transport Regs

They are now starting to check, I had mine checked at port of origin and final destination. Last month and this month, somewhat frustrating, but it’s a good thing to keep us travelers safe. We will all soon get used to this and change our flying habits, I’m all for it.

I have 7 trips in my calendar, and I’m now looking to ship, rather than travel with my equipments.

The only problem I foresee with this is who and how will a 30% state of charge be determined. If TSA has to do the math the security check line will be tied up for 36 hours while they try to calculate a single battery...

U.S. bars lithium batteries as cargo on passenger aircraft

This only affects cargo, so there will be no impact on carry on stuff.

will require lithium-ion cells and batteries to be generally shipped with a state of charge of no more than 30 percent on cargo aircraft.

Weird about carry on checking. FAA regs and TSA have not changed with respect to that:

H+/520 pack = 79Wh
H pack = 79.9 Wh

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just attach a permanent label to the batteries. "Storage charged to 30%"
They won't bother checking it.

Reactions: AH-1G
now that the rules seemed to be final. Considering that it cargo shipments only. Are we going getting crappy batteries from over sea manufacturers being sold to us from now on? would not 30 percent charge do some dammage to the battery over time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece