Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Finally took the punge into doing the ST10+ Mod

Reaction score
It was with great trepidation I started dismantling my ST10+ in order to add the Itelite modification.

In spite of worrying about my abilities "at my age" I steeled myself to at least try it.

No problems, everything went smoothly, I'd almost say textbook but it was YouTube I was following.

In retrospect I don't know why I was stressed about it, as Alfred E Neuman might say "Why Me Worry"

I did try to post a pic but keep getting error.

Anyway, I am so pleased with the enhanced distance that I would recommend it to anyone considering it.

Is there anybody out there that, having done it, regrets it?

Last edited:
It was with a bitreat trepidation I started dismantling my ST10+ in order to add the Itelite modification.

In spite of worrying about my abilities "at my age" I steeled myself to at least try it.

No problems, everything went smoothly, I'd almost say textbook but it was YouTube I was following.

In retrospect I don't know why I was stressed about it, as Alfred E Neuman might say "Why Me Worry"

Anyway, I am so pleased with the enhanced distance that I would recommend it to anyone considering it.

It really made no improvement on mine. If anything it is a bit worse. Checked to make sure none of the wires are crossing internally. Still made NO DIFFERENCE.

Nscaler2

There used to be a saying across the pond, trying to teach your granny to suck eggs.

The implication being that one is trying question the knowledge of someone vastly more experienced.

I would hate to be accused of that.

However, never could keep my mouth shut me, in my experience it is all to easy to overlook the obvious.

So,I have to ask, after installing the Itelite you did go in with the GUI and increase the geo-fence?

PRnNJs Finest

I used the link provided by Carolinadronz in the product description.

With the model I have I didn't need to drill the handle for the bracket as it has a clamp attachment now.

Last edited:
Ddraiggoch said:
Nscaler2

There used to be a saying across the pond, trying to teach your granny to suck eggs.

The implication being that one is trying question the knowledge of someone vastly more experienced.

However, never could keep my mouth shut me, in my experience it is all to easy to overlook the obvious.

So,I have to ask, after installing the Itelite you did go in with the GUI and increase the geo-fence?
Yes I increased the geofence. The real problem is when I loose video, not how far away I have control of the bird

Aha! Hence the concern of checking for crossed wires.

The long lead, seven and a half inch one, is connected securely?
Thise connectors are quite small and the lips seem soft metal.

I have heard most bragging about not losing video until some 1800 feet out, I chickened out at 1237 lol, that was the limit at which I could still work out which way the bird was facing despite a block of four lights I have strobbing under the body.

I set my geofence to 599 meters on the basis that would be more than I imagine I could need.

Where did you get that sun shade? Looks good!

Where did you get that sun shade? Looks good!

It is, it works a whole lot better than the original stock one.
Where?
CarolinaDronz, that's my go to site for everything.
Great service, reasonable prices and, most importantly, reliable.

Nscaler2

The whole idea of the
Nscaler2

The whole idea of the new antenna is to increase the range of the the Q. Both in control of the bird and range of the camera. The geofence that you mention, only applies if you are flying the the SMART mode. In ANGLE mode it does not apply. My disappointment is in the range of the camera. Often times it takes longer for the st10 to connect by wifi with the camera, while sitting 25 feet away waiting for a connection before takeoff, than it did before installation of the antenna. At this point I feel fortunate to maintain video connection at 600 feet out. In angle mode geofence has NOTHING to do with this. Geofence just prevents from flying out whatever distance is set at,IF you are in the smart mode.

P.S. Ddraiggoch If you don't want to hear about those whose experience is less than stellar, don't ask.
P.P.S. My geofence is st at 2000ft.

I just finished my mod and was wondering if anyone hot glued the leads good idea or bad

P.S. Ddraiggoch If you don't want to hear about those whose experience is less than stellar, don't ask.
P.P.S. My geofence is st at 2000ft.

The written medium for electronic communication is so often misleading, at least mine seems to be all too often.

I was being critical of myself for proffering solutions to problems that I am not 100% familiar with.

Basing my suggestions on the little experience I have tempered with what I have gleaned from this forum.

Hence the reference to myself as trying to teach my granny to suck eggs?

More confused now?

It was with great trepidation I started dismantling my ST10+ in order to add the Itelite modification.

I Just completed mine on Monday but the solar storms have been so bad that I didn't try it out until this morning. I could get about 1600' stock. With the mod I got about 3100 feet at 100' elevation. I don't know about you, but that is about as far as my eyes can see the bird. I am happy with the mod... and I did hot glue the long lead as it was upside down under the circuit board.

Mike

I also did the mod and have been very satisified with the results. The mod is easy IF you follow the instructions carefully.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch

I also did the mod and it was very easy as long as you follow the instructions. the distance is greatly improved.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval