Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware for Typhoon H ?

Reaction score
I'm from Europe. Does anyone know what the difference is between firmware, Standart and firmware EU? For Typhoon H. ?

Height and distance limits. US being further than EU. You can load either the H does not know where it is.

Thank you. Have the firware, something with the transmissions power to do? And how much? Please.

So cool, so you can install the Standard on the EU bird? Woohoo, take that DJI ;-)

So does anybody know if the USA firmware update lets the transmitter run at 125mw (FCC) - and the Euro firmware limits this to 25mw (EU) - Like on the P2 where you could set the transmitter power manually?

So does anybody know if the USA firmware update lets the transmitter run at 100mw (FCC) - and the Euro firmware limits this to 25mw (EU) - Like on the P2 where you could set the transmitter power manually?
That's what I'd like to know as well.

Perhaps you can check with this free application.

In first you update your typhoon with the FCC software and see in db the maximum power on 5GHz. Just after you program your typhoon with the CE software and in the same testing conditions you note the difference between the two db level. In theory you may have a gap of 6 db . That's an idea because I don't have a Typhoon-H and I can't check for you before . If that's convincing please confirm.

I follow. Is it possible to load the USA FW into the EU version in order to have more trasmitter power? Other way with only 25mW my FPVlr antenna will be a total waste of money

I follow. Is it possible to load the USA FW into the EU version in order to have more trasmitter power? Other way with only 25mW my FPVlr antenna will be a total waste of money

I think that the hardware is the same for all the Typhoon H ( that's my opinion ) and the difference between DJI and yuneec is that DJI use the GPS to automatically switch between FCC and CE ( depending on the country where you are). So if you download an USA firmware version inside your typhoon being in CE I think that the wifi power will be 100mw whatever you are. Be careful that's my opinion and as I don't have yet the typhoon, I can't confirm that without testing. Be aware also that you will be in that case not compliant with regulations for CE.

I just tried loading the universal version onto a Europe bird. It works, but it stays locked to Europe. You can see that in the About field, it says Camera Version V3.1.37 (E). There should be an (A) instead of an (E)... :(

Yes I understand. But if I download US firmware EUR, I know that it is illegal. But who knows?

bowhunt, read my post above. The universal version is the US version. And it does not work: even when using the US version on the EU Typhoon, it stays in EU mode. There seems to be no way to get it to leave EU mode, even with the US (=standard or universal) version!

bowhunt, read my post above. The universal version is the US version. And it does not work: even when using the US version on the EU Typhoon, it stays in EU mode. There seems to be no way to get it to leave EU mode, even with the US (=standard or universal) version!
Due to its GPS connection the Typhoon is a sort of "intelligent" bird it knows where it is all the time. Why they would have two versions of the firmware at all in that case. The test will be when one of our North American friends brings their Typhoon with them for a holiday in the UK.

There are two different firmware versions - they have a different file name and file size. I checked with Yuneec, and apparently there are two different versions of the bird. It is not intelligent like is the case with DJI, and the region is hard coded into the bird. So it does not depend on GPS location. I'm still trying to find out more details, but they're not very clear.

I know the US Standard firmware works on European Typhoon Q500 4K because I've already change the firmware several months ago, but my Typhoon H arrived today and I tried several times changing to standard it says its updated the firmware, but when you check its still states its the E version, so at the moment this looks like its a no go to change from European to Standard firmware, I hope to fly it tomorrow and see what sort of video range I get with the E firmware, I know with the Q500 it made a big difference with standard firmware video signal was far more reliable, hopefully we can find a way around this issue which is stopping the update.

Reactions: bowhunt
Bad news. Yuneec support confirmed: you can go from any version to EU. But when you are on EU you're locked and can never go back :(

Inside try anything. Then make a copy of Your H. So you can always go back to it when I bought it. Video Unfortunately in German.

I will get mine next week.... Hope the wifi power is enough for a resonable range to fly.... With the Q500 I got disconnected at a 300m :( Hope to get at least 500m....

Bad news. Yuneec support confirmed: you can go from any version to EU. But when you are on EU you're locked and can never go back :(

Maybe someone with programming skills could hack into it and reverse this hopefully, I just hope this is not going to cause a lot of problems with loss of video signal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval