Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

firmware help please

Reaction score
first off a big thank you to @DoomMeister

the problem I have is range I get a lot of drop outs and loose control of the breeze
I'm using a galaxy s8
so I got myself a comfast repeater cf-wr371ac to try to improve the range but my breeze uses the higher channels and the comfast doesn't seem to cover those channels, so reading through posts on here it seems that I need to change the firmware and run the phone in air plane mode so it doesn't auto update.

can anyone please advise me which firmware I should download from Firmware Issues / Breeze WiFi fix / Tips

I'm in the UK

thanks

Try setting the 371AC for use in the US. It does support the upper channels, but may prefer the lower 5GHz channels when set to Europe. See this thread for info on the 371AC Breeze Range Extender and member @ravell may be able to give more assistance on setup.

Legally you should use one of the European firmwares in the Breeze, but several have used the US version and had better results.

Reactions: britdub
Try setting the 371AC for use in the US. It does support the upper channels, but may prefer the lower 5GHz channels when set to Europe. See this thread for info on the 371AC Breeze Range Extender and member @ravell may be able to give more assistance on setup.

Legally you should use one of the European firmwares in the Breeze, but several have used the US version and had better results.
Thank you for your reply I've read through but it dosn't help me the problem I have is the 371ac dosn't allow me to change country and seems to only work on channels 35 to 50 but the breeze is on channels 138 to 141 not sure if it's possible to change the breeze to use the lower channels

Thanks

There is a breeze_V0.1.39_E.bin firmware to be found at Yuneec's site. This firmware is said to be specifically designed for Europe - some posters in other forums say to the contrary. What I can tell you from firsthand experience: This firmware utilizes the lower channels in the 5 GHz Band (32 - 48 IIRC) and connection is established much faster in comparison to the current F-version of the firmware. Functionality is as per the current F-FW. The reason I use this firmware with my other breeze is that my other repeater/range extender is an Edimax 600. This device works only in the lower 5 GHz band.
HTH

Reactions: robbie2 and britdub
There is a breeze_V0.1.39_E.bin firmware to be found at Yuneec's site. This firmware is said to be specifically designed for Europe - some posters in other forums say to the contrary. What I can tell you from firsthand experience: This firmware utilizes the lower channels in the 5 GHz Band (32 - 48 IIRC) and connection is established much faster in comparison to the current F-version of the firmware. Functionality is as per the current F-FW. The reason I use this firmware with my other breeze is that my other repeater/range extender is an Edimax 600. This device works only in the lower 5 GHz band.
HTH
Thank you for that all working via the repeater now I'll try it in the field later today, hope this helps others

@ravell or @gitarcisavas,

I don’t think britdub is getting his 371AC setup properly. Hoping you might be able to give him some guidance. Part of it may be that he is trying to do the setup indoors with European firmware and it will usually restrict itself to the lower channels indoors, then outdoors the Breeze reverts to using the upper channels.

Reactions: britdub
I wont be able to replicate your issue because of the firmware I have and the phone I use

savas even though in europe maybe best able to help you but he uses iPhone aswell so probably wont be able to solve your issue.

However with that said you can change the country of the repeater under wireless. Best use a laptop for this or a mobile phone and have the browser request the desktop site (VIEW) as opposed to the mobile site (VIEW)

Last suggestion try a different phone see if that solves your direct connection issue without the repeater.

image2.jpeg

I wont be able to replicate your issue because of the firmware I have and the phone I use

savas even though in europe maybe best able to help you but he uses iPhone aswell so probably wont be able to solve your issue.

However with that said you can change the country of the repeater under wireless. Best use a laptop for this or a mobile phone and have the browser request the desktop site (VIEW) as opposed to the mobile site (VIEW)

Last suggestion try a different phone see if that solves your direct connection issue without the repeater.

View attachment 11423
Thank you I've just got a usb duel band wifi dongle so I'm now seeing a lot more in the webpage but I'm not sure what to change, looking at your pic you seem to be in 2.4 ghz also channel width is set 80 mhz on mine atm I can go from channel 36 to 161 I'll have a play and see what I can achieve

You need to set the switch to the 5.8GHz position. There is also no need for more than 20MHz as the Breeze only uses that for channel width. Set channel selection to Auto so it will find the Breeze on whatever channel it starts broadcasting on (especially true for Europe on the upper channels due to weather radar that takes precedence).

Don’t dispair too much. I have one coming, so I’ll be able to clobber the setup details first hand in a couple of weeks.

For anyone wanting to extend the range for flying beyond the geofence, I saw a YouTube video where the guy landed the drone right at the fence limit and then launched it again which seemed to reset the geofence distance at 0 so he could continue traveling further along. I believe he was using the Breeze controller rather than his phone to overcome the WiFi connection issue. If I recall he went to the limit of the geofence on his second flight essentially doubling the distance the Breeze would fly. I haven't tried it myself but just throwing it out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430