Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware needed

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out the uploading of typhoon h firmware. I've read so many forums on how to upload but I have had no luck. I bought a replacement drone and a replacement cgo3+ camera. I am not sure what to flash first? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Are you sure you need to flash anything?

Power on the ST16, then the aircraft with camera mounted. Go to System Settings, About Controller. Compare your versions to this that is the latest firmware.
23B7CB24-DFD3-484D-A5BC-25615DFC301E.jpeg

I'm not sure the exact version numbers on the ST-16. I'll check when I get off work. But the aircraft doesn't have anything. It just says N/A

I can't find a power button on the camera and I checked electronic connector tabs to make sure they were making contact, which they are. The cgo3+ camera is brand new. Here is what my st-16 says20210331_193224.jpeg

Mount the camera to the aircraft and power up the aircraft. After a few seconds the camera gimbal should move and bring the camera to face forward. The LED on the front near the top of the camera should start out white, go to red, then start flashing green.

Does the camera remain dark and fail to stabilize when the drone is powered on?
If so, the most common culprit is the "K" fuse inside the drone top shell. See attachments 56 (Typhoon H “K” Fuse) and 57 (Typhoon H / CG03+ Continuity) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project.

So I checked all the connections and they're good. Took apart the H and the K fuse is getting continuity through it and the camera still doesn't come to life. Help please need it for Easter

If you have battery voltage on the contacts, and the contacts are not stuck down, (see below) it sounds like it's a problem with the camera.
A broken wire under the top contact plate might be one issue you could check.

Attachments

• Stuck Contacts.jpg
    Stuck Contacts.jpg
    820 KB · Views: 12
  • CGo3+ TH Continuity.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
Thank you so much. The camera is working now, it was the K fuse. But the original problem is back. The GPS is continuously aquiring.1617568481872.jpeg

GPS taking a long time, or failing to acquire CAN be caused by long periods of storage. As a first effort, you can place the drone and controller outside with a clear view of the sky and leave the powered on for about an hour.
If sitting outside does not work, then it is likely the flight control board will have to be replaced. The most recent evolution of that very familiar scenario was just played out in the thread Blinking green light on my GCO3 4K Camera Kit,. You may be able to gain some detail from that thread.

Even though the H is brand new, I would still have to possibly buy a new flight control board? I already purchased a new gps module and it didnt help.

Even though the H is brand new
The GPS module is rarely the cause of a constant "Acquiring" message. As @WTFDproject has said, the Flight Controller is the problem. You could also connect the H to the GUI to make sure the GPS module is working.
Did you buy from a dealer?

To indicate if the Aquiring problem came from flight controller check the remaining symptoms:
- The drone cannot be armed also if GPS was switched off (indicates that pre-flight check already fails before GPS fix is missing),
- Altitude remains at -2 to -4m and never reaches zero during initialization,
- Yaw is rotation constantly in GUI while drone stands still.

The last two symptoms point to IMU (the brass block on the MCU board) as source of the problem. Currently there is no known possibility to repair it. Only replace of the MCU-board helps.

br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hello Guys, I just purchased a used ST16 that still has v03.01_b18. Does anyone know where I can find a trusted copy of the the b30 STD version for the ST16?

My intent is to use the second ST16 in team mode to control the Gimbal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz