Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware - still not able to upgrade

Reaction score
I tried upgrading firmware not long after getting my Q500 4k, and never could get so much as a connection on either my ASUS laptop or Dell Workstation (Win 8/XP respectively).

But today, I downloaded the newest GUI and drivers (including those for additional comports on my laptop) and got a connection and the blue light on the USB connector even flashed. I showed "connected" on the GUI (Yoo hoo!), started the update firmware routine from 1.5 to 1.7, and it just died in the middle and lost connection.

Now I'm worried my firmware is screwed up, though I'm not willing to try flying it yet. I have rebooted everything, reloaded everything, over and over and can't get the GUI to connect to the Q500. The blue light on the connector is blinking, as though it is trying, but it's like something on the quadcopter isn't sending the right signal.

I noticed when it briefly worked, the tail light next to the battery drawer was green, but now it is just solid red. Now what do I do?

I have a job that requires I override the 400' limitation (it's a tower inspection) and I am dead at this point. Thanks for any ideas!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop