Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update, standard or EU version?

Reaction score
Hi , does anyone know if I can use the standard versionin the Netherlands, I think I'll get a greater range ..... or is that incorrect and will the update cause problems if I do not use the EU version ?

Yuneec said it is impossible.... You can upate a standard to an EU version, but after that never go back to a standerd version (too bad)

ff naar het ned. forum aub?

I did update my firmware from eu version to standard version it did say firmware update was successful but when I checked version by tapping screen on about, it showed eu on the end, so whether it change anything I don't know.

So it does not seem possible to change the firmware, but I'm not sure why but I do get excellent video range on test I got 5384 ft at a altitude of 200ft across open farmland.

I did update my firmware from eu version to standard version it did say firmware update was successful but when I checked version by tapping screen on about, it showed eu on the end, so whether it change anything I don't know.

So it does not seem possible to change the firmware, but I'm not sure why but I do get excellent video range on test I got 5384 ft at a altitude of 200ft across open farmland.
That's a very satisfying result. ;-)

Yes for all I know it could have changed but just left the eu on the end of the version number, hope this helps you out.

Would be interested to see how that goes.
My H bricked as I tried to update the firmware through the GUI.
The GUI crashed half way through. H would not boot just one beep.
I had both versions of the firmware on the card and this was suspected to be the cause.
I would just like to prove that Std firmware does not brick a Euro H
and that there was some other cause. (Like their buggy original GUI crashing or a bad switch)
Hope to have a replacement H next week after four weeks without..
With distance like that, Euro power is fine.

Its a buggy GUI that bricked it. It did the same to me.
Sent back to yuneec and they replaced it with another. I expected they would just re-flash it but for some reason they decided to replace it.

Thanks Snags, I thought so. Local hobby shop thought it could be reflashed with a file but that was not the case. New one arriving hopefully tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval