Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Updates Make Me Nervous

Reaction score
My ST16 is current (2/25/17) but I see that there is an update for the aircraft (3/17/17) that I haven't done. Is it safe to update just the aircraft or should I also rewrite the 2/25/17 version to the ST16 that I already have?

I know it's a dumb question, but with all the horror stories I've read and watched, firmware updates make me nervous. Somewhere along the learning curve I saw a video saying that you'll brick the unit by overwriting with same version of firmware. But I've also seen or read to always write to both regardless of version. I will obviously do all calibrations with any update.

Thanks for the help as always!!!

I updated 3 aircrafts with no issues. I have been updating since day one with no issues. Some if not most of the horror stories are people updating the aircraft first. Should always update the ST-16 first then the aircraft and camera. Just my opinion.

If you keep a log of your versions, then you can see on the Yuneec sight when something changes. The last update was for the H only and is the same ST 16 as previous release so no need to redo the radio.

Reactions: dan met and Rayray
If you keep a log of your versions, then you can see on the Yuneec sight when something changes. The last update was for the H only and is the same ST 16 as previous release so no need to redo the radio.

Thank you. I did start a log when I bought the unit a month ago and will continue to keep track. It makes sense in this case to only update the H but thought I better double check. Somewhere I read or heard (or at least I think I did) that it was recommended to do both regardless of one or the other being current which made no sense. Thanks for the confirmation!

Reactions: CraigCam
You're good to go. As long as your ST16 already has the latest firmware for it, no need to repeat (It would not take it anyway).

Reactions: BeeRAD56
You're good to go. As long as your ST16 already has the latest firmware for it, no need to repeat (It would not take it anyway).

Thank you. Yes the ST16 already has the latest released 2/25/17, so I will update the H only.

Thanks for the heads up fellas, first I've heard of the aircraft update. Did do an update of the ST-16 and camera last month though.

Take your time and do it right the first time. Think like a carpenter that measures twice to cut only once. So many of the update horror stories have been written by people that didn't read instructions or watch videos or rushed through them to get the job done quick. In doing so they skipped important steps that bricked their systems, or failed to learn very simple actions they could have taken that would have revealed that what they had done was just one step away from being complete. Don't be intimidated, just be informed before you start.

I had no trouble with the latest ST-16 update but the H and the camera wouldn't take . Just as panic set in I activated the Wi-Fi and it did both , strange thing is it didn't have my password !! Ended up all good but I can understand people having problems as it's not a "piece of cake"

My ST16 is current (2/25/17) but I see that there is an update for the aircraft (3/17/17) that I haven't done. Is it safe to update just the aircraft or should I also rewrite the 2/25/17 version to the ST16 that I already have?

I know it's a dumb question, but with all the horror stories I've read and watched, firmware updates make me nervous. Somewhere along the learning curve I saw a video saying that you'll brick the unit by overwriting with same version of firmware. But I've also seen or read to always write to both regardless of version. I will obviously do all calibrations with any update.

Thanks for the help as always!!!
Mate I have 2 H machines from their release never done an update never had a problem with either, I will never do an update while they are flying good

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge