Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

firmware upgrades

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Finally bit the bullet and purchased a q500+ yesterday. Used, 3 months old and in as new condition. The original owner said he did a firmware upgrade mid Aug and drone now has watch me feature. I'm guessing this was v1.05? Is there a version 1.06 or is v1.07 the next firmware upgrade since v1.05. Are there any problems with doing v1.07 upgrade? Also, can someone point me to an upgrade tutorial that is slow and easy to follow, and is current? Any help from you all would be much appreciated. I've never performed a firmware upgrade and I'm nervous I will stuff up my drone before I get to fly it.

I'm with Gunpilot I've had my 4k version for a month and can't get the s10 radio to update.
I keep getting a "missing file" pop up" I'll be watching.
thanks roger

I'm with Gunpilot I've had my 4k version for a month and can't get the s10 radio to update.
I keep getting a "missing file" pop up" I'll be watching.
thanks roger

Hi Roger
Bit the bullet again tonight and did the upgrade to V1.07 on the q500+. No probs

Then did the upgrade on the ST10+ and also said it was missing a file. What I found out is that you have to open the "ST10+v01b24c" folder and copy the "Update" folder onto the SD card (do not unzip the Update folder). Worked just fine and now have the latest firmware upgrades on the ST10+ as well. Out to the park across the road tomorrow morning to see how it flies - really looking forward to the increased speed in Angle mode (from 19.3kph to 27.3kph) and the Follow Me mode speed has increased up to 35.5kph.

When I had finished the upgrades (have not upgraded the CGO2) I turned q500+ and transmitter on and made sure it bound to craft, started/stopped the motors and controlled the camera gimbal. Again, all ok on the desk top, tomorrow will tell. Will update after test flights.

Went out and did a test flight early this morning. All good re the drone in the air - landing looks a bit more concise and on the short test flight got the bird up to 34kph in Angle mode with GPS lock and Rabbit setting. Only issue I had was that no telemetry or AVC viedo files were recorded so had to sort that issue out and then re-fly for some telemetry data to add to video. Finally got answer to prob - you have to delete all the files on the SD card after the upgrade before it will write to it correctly again.

Once the video upload process has completed on utube you can access the short video clip via this link; https://youtu.be/66h2tRHRve8

Reactions: Fleamac

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece