Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

firmware

Reaction score
So far I followed all the instructions to down load the latest firmware, it shows that it is on the sd card but when I try it download it to the typhoon it says no firmware in sdcard, update failed. Can some one tell me what I'm doing wrong??

So far I followed all the instructions to down load the latest firmware, it shows that it is on the sd card but when I try it download it to the typhoon it says no firmware in sdcard, update failed. Can some one tell me what I'm doing wrong??
Did you extract the firmware after downloading so it is a bin file?

ok thanks I'll have to figure that out then I have to shut every thing down now there's a bad storm coming in seconds Thank you drone clone I'll get back to u.

Yuneec pulled the BIN file, its not available.
I wonder what was wrong with it?

They may answer the phones in a timely matter but there web page and docs suk!

Yuneec pulled the BIN file, its not available.
I wonder what was wrong with it?

They may answer the phones in a timely matter but there web page and docs suk!
NOT TRUE !,What are you talking about? The firmware files are on the Yuneec site, where the have always been! You have to extract them to make them a bin file, always have had too!

The H is flying great I just thought if there's an update you should probable do it I'm sure its to improve the H. The thing I don't get is if it only takes a bin file why don't they download it as a bin file, if nothing else for us dummy's that don't know how to convert files. When I went to school we learned how to use a slide rule!!!!! LOL BUT TRUE

The H is flying great I just thought if there's an update you should probable do it I'm sure its to improve the H. The thing I don't get is if it only takes a bin file why don't they download it as a bin file, if nothing else for us dummy's that don't know how to convert files. When I went to school we learned how to use a slide rule!!!!! LOL BUT TRUE
It's just easier for them to compact it for download! Yeah ! Kinda silly !

Oh by the way droneclone the storm passed and every thing is back on but I did have to fly and get some video after it passed.

Reactions: DroneClone
Downloads - Typhoon H
  • Watch the Firmware Update Video for assistance and instruction on how to update your firmware.
    Typhoon H
    Typhoon-H-Front-view.jpg

Description
    • Improvements to ultrasonic obstacle avoidance system performance.
    • Improvements to gimbal control in pan mode.
    (Date: 5/19/2016)
    Firmware Version
    • Gimbal: v1.22
    • Autopilot: v1.15
    • Camera: v3.1.37
    Warning USE WITH LATEST VERSION OF ST16 FIRMWARE
    File Size 48MB
    Download Standard version
    Europe only version
  • ST16
    remote-controller-front-to-client-0222.png

Description
    • Improvements to Team mode settings.
    (Date: 04/11/2016)
    Firmware Version st16_system_v03.01.b18
    Warning USE WITH LATEST VERSION OF TYPHOON H FIRMWARE
    File Size 369 MB
    Download

If yours shipped to you before 5/19/16 you have old firmware, if after 5/19/16 you "MAY" have new, you can check on your ST16 in menu settings !
Have Fun Your Typhoon H !;)

NOT TRUE !,What are you talking about? The firmware files are on the Yuneec site, where the have always been! You have to extract them to make them a bin file, always have had too!

Ok my mistake, you are correct.
I downloaded it a couple weeks ago and the bin file was inside the first zip file.
Now they have a zip inside of a zip file.
It has the bin file and several other files
What are they trying to do, confuse us simple minded people like myself. ha

Are we suppose to put the zip file on the sd card or unzip it all first?

Last edited:
I am ok with using the H firmware that all works fine , but how do you use the one for the ST16
I have tried to use it , in the camera , in the ST16 and in the PC interface with no luck ?

I am ok with using the H firmware that all works fine , but how do you use the one for the ST16
I have tried to use it , in the camera , in the ST16 and in the PC interface with no luck ?
There is no update for the ST16 to date, When there is one it will load from PC to usb port on ST16 ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval