Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First battery warning signal

Reaction score
While flying today along side my LHS owner, and after he squared me away with the charging voltage so I had full battery charges, I noticed when I received my first low battery signal the voltage read-out on the ST16+ said 4.4 volts. Once I got the bird on the ground (It was very close to hovering eye level so it didnt take long) and checked the percentage left in the battery it was down to 10%.
My LHS owner asked me if there was some way to change the warning signal voltage level as 10% is too low. I looked and could not see anything other than channel settings that are adjustable.

Does anyone know if the low battery voltage warning can be set to trigger earlier?
Have many people checked their battery level once it came back from low level signal and found the same issue?

While flying today along side my LHS owner, and after he squared me away with the charging voltage so I had full battery charges, I noticed when I received my first low battery signal the voltage read-out on the ST16+ said 4.4 volts. Once I got the bird on the ground (It was very close to hovering eye level so it didnt take long) and checked the percentage left in the battery it was down to 10%.
My LHS owner asked me if there was some way to change the warning signal voltage level as 10% is too low. I looked and could not see anything other than channel settings that are adjustable.

Does anyone know if the low battery voltage warning can be set to trigger earlier?
Have many people checked their battery level once it came back from low level signal and found the same issue?
Mortalis, curious, what is your LHS partner?

Not yet on the H, hopefully soon in a upgrade. 4.4 v per cell? as that would put you at 17.6 v which is above a full charge, not possible! do you mean 14.4 volts? that seem normal for a low battery warning!;)

Where can you read the level of the battery in percentage ?
I have an external voltage checker reads pack voltage, cell voltage in volts and percentage and overall variance of the pack. This I can connect to the charger mod.

Reactions: Eric
Not yet on the H, hopefully soon in a upgrade. 4.4 v per cell? as that would put you at 17.6 v which is above a full charge, not possible! do you mean 14.4 volts? that seem normal for a low battery warning!;)
Yes, 14.4 V.
At that voltage my voltage meter says the cells, not the pack, are at 10% (with some calculated deviation of course). Even with the calculated deviation this is well below the recommended 25%.

I think he's referring to his Local Hobby Shop owner....
Yes
LHS=local hobby shop
By sticking to my guns and waiting for him get his stock instead of rushing out and buying from the first place that I found had stockghave me the ability to build this relationship with this person and the rest of his very willing to help clientele.

Reactions: DroneClone
Yes
LHS=local hobby shop
By sticking to my guns and waiting for him get his stock instead of rushing out and buying from the first place that I found had stockghave me the ability to build this relationship with this person and the rest of his very willing to help clientele.
Good choice!

Here is a picture of the resulting finished charge on this battery pack.
4491mAh is pretty close to 10% empty
In just over 54 minutes

How many flights on this battery?
I have no clue as I have three batteries and do not have them marked to distinguish between them. My oldest battery probably has 6 - 8 flights on it and the two new ones only a couple each.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval