Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Commercial Gig

Reaction score
Hi all,

Am excited at the prospect of using the Typhoon H for surveillance of areas that hold water and harbor mosquitoes. Saves lots of time going it on foot, getting wet, and stuck in the mud. I know of other Mosquito Control Commissions that do this kind of work which is well suited for a drone.

Now time to set up a flight plan, fire up the logbook/maintenance manual, check the aero maps, check for TFRs, NOTAMS, METAR and TAFs, drone registration and 107 certification in wallet, etc. This will be in an open area, no homes or people. Wonder if I should get temporary insurance just in case?

Any tips from the group for the first maiden light?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Plan...Plan....Plan
Did I mention plan?
Have at least 2 alternant landing sites selected at all times. Remember the H does not float very well. Always better to land early and fly again later then to push it and loose everything.
Practice low level flying in a big field before trying it over water. A good wind gust could cause the aircraft to bounce up or down several feet. ( Oh you meant to dip the camera in the water)

Reactions: PatR and spongella
You mentioned flying over water. Some are using fishing rod recovery devices such as "Getterback". If the unfortunate happens and she goes into the drink, this will allow you to find and recover it unless you're in deeper water than 100 feet, and unless you purchase a policy with hull insurance, it won't help in regards to damage/loss to the craft. however, if there is property or people around insurance is a good thing. Good luck and fly safe.

5127JNcd0WL._SY300_.jpg

Reactions: spongella
Here in the U.K. it is a legal requirement to have insurance in place for any commercial work. If you get paid for a job using your aircraft and you don't have insurance to a minimum level then you can be prosecuted. (U.K.)

I'm surprised there isn't such a requirement in the U.S.A. (assuming you are in the U.S.A.)

My commercial insurance does meet the CAA requirement and also covers the aircraft and associated paraphernalia: Millions ££ for liability and £2000 for any aircraft detailed in my Ops Manual.

Checked a map and this area is partly state park land, with a walking trail. Will have to see if they will give permission to fly over this area. As BobW55 stated plan plan plan.

Batteries. Have more than you think you will need. Don't try to fly the max time possible from every battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuhoouk