Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First flight in a month

Reaction score
Finally felt up to a gentle flight on one of the local beaches yesterday.

Col.

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneClone
Hey Colin, what light setting did you use? Sunny, or Cloudy? Any other camera settings or ND Filters? What I am trying for if you were in "Auto Mode" !:)

The camera was set to 4K and all other setting were on the defaults. And yes, as always, I had the ND filter on.

The camera was set to 4K and all other setting were on the defaults. And yes, as always, I had the ND filter on.
Do you pan and turn into the sun as flying back towards you nose first. I tend to fly in circles and not go forward and then bring it backwards, may be my problem? Thanks Again!

I'm not sure what you mean, but whenever I'm flying towards myself a handy little trick I sometimes use to add a little extra movement to the shot is to flick it into RTH so I can use the rudder (yaw) to rotate the camera without disrupting the nice straight flight line. Could that be what you mean? Other than that yes, I regularly fly "nose in" as it's called when the craft is coming towards you. I come from an rc plane background and it's just one of those things you get used to.

Col.

I'm not sure what you mean, but whenever I'm flying towards myself a handy little trick I sometimes use to add a little extra movement to the shot is to flick it into RTH so I can use the rudder (yaw) to rotate the camera without disrupting the nice straight flight line. Could that be what you mean?

Col.
I fly usually like a airplane, I will take off and fly forward, instead of stopping and bring it back to you backward flying. I fly forward and turn slowly left or right and turn around and fly forwards towards me. But what that does is change your orientation into the sun directly momentarily or even alot. And camera will not self adjust to change in lighting. Hope I have clarified friend!

Oh I see. It wasn't long after noon and the sun was pretty high so I just flew wherever i wanted and didn't pay much attention to it. Most of the flight was only around 50-70 ft altitude though, there was plenty of ground in shot and plenty of cloud cover and a lot of the time the camera was titled slightly down anyway. At 6m 10sec into the video there's a shot with an island in the distance and (for reference) what sun there was was directly over that island. Note the very soft shadows on the ground which are indicative of the sun being not being fully out.

Oh I see. It wasn't long after noon and the sun was pretty high so I just flew wherever i wanted and didn't pay much attention to it. Most of the flight was only around 50-70 ft altitude though, there was plenty of ground in shot and plenty of cloud cover and a lot of the time the camera was titled slightly down anyway. At 6m 10sec into the video there's a shot with an island in the distance and (for reference) what sun there was was directly over that island. Note the very soft shadows on the ground which are indicative of the sun being not being fully out.
Yeah, I fly at 200' to 375' and morning and evenings for 333 work, so I test in these conditions. You are very helpful Colin!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval