Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First flight of new H920+ today!

Reaction score
Made my first flight of our new H920+ today after a couple of days reading everything I could find and calibrating all that could be calibrated.
I ran on three new original Yuneec batteries and after 13 minutes I got the first battery warning and landed (12 degrees Centigrade 5m/s wind). I made two climbs to 50 meters and did general calm flying/hovering only very close since it was the first flight.
This was no surpise after what I have read and purchased six batteries since they sell so cheap now in Europe, so can live with this short time for now and plan to get better batteries once available.

I have been flying a H480 extensively for two years and must say I had goosebumps while flying this large bird since it flew so well and looked so cool with its low pitch humming/whining. It is so super stable and I'm very pleased with the way it handles and how the CGO4 operates with the zoom.

I did not make any video, but took a few pics and tried the focus function which is very cool. At full zoom pics where very good but not 100% sharp, but used a 1/125s shutter, so perhaps with faster shutter speed they will be sharper.

It is so sad the H920 seems to be on "its way out", since I feel this bird never got the attention it deserved.
It is so super stable and a very fine camera platform.

Last edited:
Pleased to read your first experience was a good one, and agree with your thoughts about it's demise.

My experiences with full zoom at faster shutter speeds has been you may end up with a slight "shimmer" similar to, but not as severe, as what is seen when looking long distance through a good rifle scope or binoculars on a hot day. IMO, full zoom is best left for still photography unless you have a good stabilization tool in your post processing program.

Reactions: Aerosupply
Pleased to read your first experience was a good one, and agree with your thoughts about it's demise.

My experiences with full zoom at faster shutter speeds has been you may end up with a slight "shimmer" similar to, but not as severe, as what is seen when looking long distance through a good rifle scope or binoculars on a hot day. IMO, full zoom is best left for still photography unless you have a good stabilization tool in your post processing program.
I noticed the "shimmer" on the ST16 display at full zoom...
Does anyone know if the CGO4/gimbal can handle a longer/heavier lens than the standard Yuneec?

Just purchased the Typhoon H Plus. How would ya'll rate the CGO4 against the C23? Well worth the upgrade? Thanks!

I’m uploading an uncut, unedited 4k test video from the CGO-4 to Vimeo now. When it’s done I’ll post a link for you to make your own judgement comparisons. The video runs smooth so any part that does not play smooth will be due to the playback device or internet speed. The file can be downloaded.

Last edited:
I regret that it may not be in production long - but I am looking forward to catching one at a good price! This is the one bird I've been drooling over for my fleet - the Typhoon H is a great drone - but this is the USS Enterprise of drones.

The 920 is completely out of production. What is being sold is remaining new inventory. And refurb units. When that inventory is gone there will be no more.

The 920 is completely out of production. What is being sold is remaining new inventory. And refurb units. When that inventory is gone there will be no more.

Does anyone have an idea as to why the 920 has been left to wither on the vine? I fly DJI myself but was seriously, seriously considering one of these as it seems to offer far more bang for your $$ than the Inspire does.

I will be watching the online stores like a hawk and buying one if not two of these depending on the price I find. Seems like an odd move on behalf of Yuneec but I imagine they wouldn't remove their flagship drone without another model in place, so if/when the next model rolls out, a lot of people in the business will be selling their Tornados to buy the next big thing. If only could find a way for Yuneec to sponsor my small business with one of the outgoing models...

I will be watching the online stores like a hawk and buying one if not two of these depending on the price I find. Seems like an odd move on behalf of Yuneec but I imagine they wouldn't remove their flagship drone without another model in place, so if/when the next model rolls out, a lot of people in the business will be selling their Tornados to buy the next big thing. If only could find a way for Yuneec to sponsor my small business with one of the outgoing models...

Yuneec won't even sponsor themselves to market a drone correctly. Good luck with that.

I have a theory as to why they degraded the 920 and turned it into the 920 Plus. It has much to do with a reported failure to pay their parts suppliers a couple years back. Toss in the higher selling price over common consumer drones which limits sold quantities and you have a recipe for disaster. Personally, I think the camera on the 920 Plus beats the C-23 and E-90. Yuneec’s gimbals are certainly superior to most out there.

Got mine, brand new, via a reputable eBay store from a Yuneec reseller, for $2200 delivered. 920+, CGO4 14-45, Proaction, all Yuneec-branded locking hard cases, 3 batteries, A10 charger, ST16, extra props, etc.

I was really looking for a nice Inspire 2 + ZM5s camera package, but I've always had an eye for the looks of the 920, and at $2200 I couldn't pass.

Once you get to know it, and the camera, I think you’ll like it. Accept her for what she is and fly her accordingly and you’ll get good results. She’s very well behaved when the GPS is off and almost doubles her speed when flown that way.

Got mine, brand new, via a reputable eBay store from a Yuneec reseller, for $2200 delivered. 920+, CGO4 14-45, Proaction, all Yuneec-branded locking hard cases, 3 batteries, A10 charger, ST16, extra props, etc.

I was really looking for a nice Inspire 2 + ZM5s camera package, but I've always had an eye for the looks of the 920, and at $2200 I couldn't pass.
Welcome. The H920+ is a great flying machine and the CGO4 is a superb camera. Like all complex devices, there is a required learning curve.

Reactions: Docdor
Prices on the h are reaching the -$500 mark, the Tornado is soon to follow. I have already put the money aside, now the waiting and watching begins...

We might eventually see a $1500.00 blow out to empty the shelves. Just don’t buy any extra Yuneec batteries. You’ll hose yourself if you do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval